|03|

~

Fiza periodically packed her stuffs in the night. Walking to her closet and re checking the deepest parts of it finding some forgotten hidden things. She only smiled, shook her head or face palm herself. Beautiful days are over. Placing the last piece of fabric into her trunk ready to travel to la-la land, Fiza was interrupted by a loud knock.

"Go! Away!" She rolled her eyes as she struggled to zip the loaded bag. Another rude knock on the door and she just ignored, zipped the bag fully and flicked off the lights.

The door flung open hitting on the nearest wall as Fiza heard angry footsteps ascending her direction. 'Another annoying prefect' She turned in her lying position and continued to close her eyes to sleep.

"Fah'izah! Get your butt up and wash the dishes!" The prefect yelled and Fiza continued to ignore her. "I swear you would receive a slap if you don't get down there in a minute." She threatened and left the room. 'I wasn't even present in the lunch time!' Fa'iza hissed loudly as her mood drastically changed.

"Wait a minute... I'm leaving tomorrow so why should I be the least worried?" Fiza thought staring at the pretty ceiling while hissing and turning back to sleep. Not a minute later the door opened and her two senior roommates walked in side by side while talking about a matter Fiza didn't care to butt in and slept again.

'
She rolled her luggage over, onto the inter lockings of the school premises with a neutral expression. Soon she was crushed by an annoying soul who she couldn't help but smile. Fiza hugged her little sister back and soon released her. "Ya Fa'ee! I missed you so much. I had no one to annoy me, everything is boring especially when Abdullah tries to mimic you...." Zubaida ranted pushing her rimmed glasses up the bridge of her nose every now and then.

Fiza placed her elbows on top of her mother's car and smiled a little staring at her sister that she can't wait to see how she has spoiled over the months. The trunk was closed and snapped her out of her thoughts and soon her eyes caught her mama. Fiza smiled brightly and quickly opened the back seat door and closed it immediately praying in her head her mama wouldn't pinch her cheeks for being naughty.

She released a sigh of relief after her sister sat close to her and closed the door. "Fa'iza! Ina Barirat? Won't you wish her farewell? I know she's your only friend." Zubaida laughed and Fa'iza just pursed her lips, her mind only on her mother who refused to talk to her. Soon Fiza's mother entered and her elder brother occupied the front seat fastening their seatbelts.

Her mother started the car and soon left the school, Fiza's elder brother Ahmed Lifted his phone and combed his hair from the side while adjusting his cap and taking snaps. Fiza stared at him and soon saw her self in his snap making her widen her eyes and shifting away. Ahmed Laughed and cut the video sending it as streaks and received a glare from his sister. "Fai'za? You know Daddy misses you right? Prepare yourself for the pinch of your life." Soon everyone laughed including her mother as if plotting something bad.

"Oh no..." She sank back again pursing her lips. Like the nerd Zubaida was, she picked a thick novel and continued to read it making Fiza annoyed. "Seriously? Zubaida you're still reading that dictionary?" She asked arching her brow with a disgusted face. "Like... Why would I touch a book after all the struggles of writing junior waec. Isn't that not enough for you?" She asked again and Zubaida looked at her sister.

"They're actually differences between the three of them. Stories are like..-" Zubaida was interrupted, "I didn't ask of opinions. Just don't read in my presence or I promise you, you will find them burnt next time." Fiza threatened glaring at her and Zubaida laughed flipping through a page. Ahmed quirked his lips up and stared outside his window. His sweet sister is back.

Zubaiba left to open the gate to their house and yelled at her younger brother to help with the luggage. Little feet ran cutely towards the Hi lander car holding a broken police car in his small hands. Abdullah stood there and folded his arms together. "Mama? Why did you bring her back?" Abdullah said frowning deeply and Fiza appeared out of her shadow and glared fiercely at her brother. He knows better than to stand there and ran, soon he ran away as his little feet could while Fiza followed after him holding her shoe in one hand.

Fa'iza's elder sister who stared at her siblings from the upstairs window laughed while tapping everything. "You should know better than to talk like that." Bilkisu laughed and shook her head with a smile. "Daddy misses you Fiza!" She yelled and saw her sister sigh in defeat.

After a while of chasing her brother who learnt how to run fast in just three months she walked back to the car and helped her mother and siblings pack her stuffs. Huffing a frustrated sigh, Fiza fell onto her bed and stayed longer until she felt she regained her energy back. She sat down properly and stared at the window in which light was half penetrating through it.

Zubaida barged in while laughing and ran towards Fiza's bed and squatted down hiding from her brother who came in and scanned his eyes sharply. He came closer and tickled the living being out of Zubaida. "Yaya I said I'm sorry." She laughed and Fiza shook her head standing up and walking to her part of wardrobe ready to get a shower and drift to sleep.

"How was the exams? Compared to most of the past year questions I've read and solved so far, this one was the easiest. I'm hoping to get at least C as lowest. Inshallah." Zubaida said taking her glasses off and placing them into it's case. "Exam sucks." She only said making her sister laugh lightly. "You didn't prepare well ?" She asked turning to face her.

"Didn't read, Can't kill myself in studies." Fiza replied making her sister to widen her eyes. "And you're not afraid of failing? Or repeating? Or making mama angry or disappointed. Gosh I have such a lazy ass as a sister." She massaged her temples and walked to and fro around the room.

"Shouldn't it be me who is supposed to be worried?" She arched a brow making her light skinned sister pause. "But you aren't worried." She pointed out and Fiza just shrugged turning off the light from the socket near her side of the bed. Zubaida pursed her lips and walked outside the room looking uncomfortable. 'You like to overreact' Fiza thought and closed her eyes.

~