☁Epilogue☁

Nazadori's heart thudded against her chest as she paced back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, her feet wearing through the thin carpet on her floor. Her silky robes flowed around her as she moved, and bile rose up her throat. She was so nervous that she felt like throwing up, but she managed to keep it down. It wouldn't be a good sign for her to throw up on her coronation day. 

Just those two words sent a spike in her heart rate, and she had to lean against the wall before she fell over. Her head started to spin, so she sucked in a few deep breaths before she passed out. Maybe throwing up would be a lot better than passing out. She wasn't exactly sure. All she knew was that she didn't want to do either of them right at that moment.

She sucked in another deep breath, running a hand across her face. She needed to calm down; if she threw up or passed out, then her coronation wouldn't go on, and that wasn't what she wanted. Nazadori glanced out the window behind her. The sun shone down on the city that she loved, and she knew in her heart of hearts that this was right. 

Someone cleared their throat. She spun around and nearly screamed when she saw Gazon standing there. "You're going to do just fine," Gazon told her gently, approaching her from behind. He had an easy smile on his face, one that she hadn't seen in such a long time. He came back to Omashu just to help with the coronation day, and she was so glad he did. "Stop worrying, Nazadori. This is important for everyone."

"Especially me, I know," she said, shaking her head. Her bangs fell into her eyes, so she brushed them back. "But what if they don't accept me as their queen?"

"We're going to take care of you," Gazon told her. He reached out his hand, and she gladly took it, allowing his touch to ground her here at this moment. "All you need to do is stand there looking beautiful, which you already do."

Nazadori swallowed hard. "Thanks," she said. "I don't feel beautiful, but thanks."

She didn't have a chance to say anything else to Gazon because her four council members approached her. She knew that they would lead her outside the palace, so that meant it was almost time for the coronation to commence. For a second there, she swore she was about to throw up or even pass out, but she held her head high and faced her council members.

"So good to see you," Ukira, the Fire Nation lady, said to Nazadori, hugging her tightly. The older woman had become one of her favorite people, so Nazadori was glad that she could make it. "It's your big day, Nazadori! Aren't you excited?"

"Not really, no."

After hugging the other two council members, Nazadori approached Avatar Aang last. They had seen each other once a month leading up to the coronation as she met with her council to talk about new things that were happening in the city and around the world. But this was different. She hadn't gotten this close to him since the day he left Omashu for good -- the day they said goodbye to each other and their future together.

"Hello, Nazadori," Aang said, bowing slightly to her. She returned the gesture. "It's so good to see you again."

"You, too."

Before she could tell herself otherwise, she wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him closer to her. He hesitantly held her close to him. She let out a breath as her heart ceased its quick beats. Being in his arms felt right, and yet . . . she knew she couldn't let herself fall for him again. Their paths crossed just once for a great thing, but that was it. At least, that was what she kept telling herself.

"It's time," Gazon said to Nazadori, drawing her back to reality. She quickly stepped out of Aang's embrace but noticed that his cheeks were painted red. "I will be with you every step of the way."