☁Chapter Four☁

Nazadori fidgeted with the edge of her skirt as she sat around a large rectangular table, Bumi's advisors all staring at her. She didn't want to tell them that she wasn't listening to them drone on and on about government things that she wasn't particularly interested in. Gazon lifted his eyebrow at her, and her cheeks burned under his watchful gaze. Sliding further down in her seat, she raised her hand and brushed her bangs out of her eyes. 

The men around her shifted uncomfortably as she sat there, trying to hide beneath the table. She was much too large and in charge to hide away, though. Instead, she lowered her head so that she wasn't looking anyone in the eyes. By now, the men knew she wasn't paying attention, which was unfortunate because she thought she could stare off into space in the newly refurbished war chamber. It was definitely new to her since she was never allowed in here until this very moment. Plus, it was refurbished after the Fire Nation took control a few years back.

Glancing up, Nazadori saw Gazon turn away from her with a distasteful look on his face, clapping his hands together, the sharp sound a major contrast to the silence she was drowning in. She let go of the hem of her skirt with her sweaty hands, brushing it out slowly. Gazon cleared his throat and said, "We will be having the funeral for King Bumi in a few days since Avatar Aang cannot come until then." Nazadori lifted her head at the mention of Avatar Aang. She was interested in him as Bumi had thought she was him. "He's currently dealing with a small uprising in the Northern Water Tribe."

"What's going on there?" Nazadori asked, leaning forward. She frowned as Gazon looked at her, his green eyes flashing slightly in the flickering candlelight. The brown wall behind him showed the shadow of the flame, looking like a monster rising up against her. "And why haven't I been informed about it?"

"Well, you just got notified you are going to be queen, so that's one answer," he said, chuckling softly. He ran his fingers through his graying beard, pressing his lips together in a thin, strange line. "Omashu isn't part of the major Earth Kingdom business since we competed against Ba Sing Se shortly before the beginning of the Hundred Year's War. However, Bumi sent an army to those areas most affected by the uprisings to help quell whatever is going on. He left the Northern Water Tribe alone, though, because they would not open their shores to anyone."

"I'm assuming this happened before he died."

"Yes, of course."

"If the Avatar needs any help with the Northern Water Tribe," she said softly, "I'll send a group of our best men and women there to help bring order."

"There is no need to jump to rash conclusions," one of the old men said with sharp words. Nazadori glanced at him to find him glaring at her from across the table. She really didn't recognize him much, but then again, all the old men basically looked the same. "We do not want our people to get hurt for something that is happening in the Northern Water Tribe. They can handle it themselves. If we do help, that might make other nations and leaders think we have a preference for other places."

"I think the Southern Water Tribe is trying to help," Gazon interjected with a quick, small glare at the other old man. He stroked his long beard, a frown on his face. "Or maybe they're the problem. The information we have is a little confusing at times."

Nazadori sat up in her chair, glancing down at the map on the table of the Earth Kingdom surrounded by the other nations. A small earthen person stood above a small area near where the former Fire Nation colonies were, which was probably from a few years ago when people were fighting in Yu Dao. She glanced around the rest of the map and was relieved to see that there were no more earthen people around the Earth Kingdom, telling her that there were no uprisings happening currently. She should have been paying attention to what Bumi's advisors were telling her earlier because it was most likely about things like this.