Melody

The ear splitting sound of the broken fan and the construction door from the next buildings was making Beomgyu's head explode and on top of all, Dr.Kim's constant talking felt like as if someone was banging his head with a hammer.

"I know you want to be alone, I know that you want to be left with your own thoughts, but Beomgyu if you do not open the chapters that you have closed without a closure there will be no peace. Talk, shout, scream or even cry. Believe me it really helps. If you do not open up, your wounds will never heal." Dr.Kim's words were building this familiar emotions in his heart. It felt as if someone was imprisoning his heart in a pitch dark pit. As he laid down on the pale green couch, he was drowning, reaching for help, his mouth slightly opened but no words came out. It was as if someone was holding his throat and pulling him down.

The area he was staying was the smallest, it's mostly filled with rooms for the patients. Today right after lunch Beomgyu was taken into a room which the nurse described as the recreational room. The nurse excused herself instructing Beomgyu to get comfortable and have some fun. That was not easier said then done with all the new faces. Beomgyu dig his nails into his palm, too many eyes fixed on him was making him anxious. It took all his energy to drag his feets to the piano, sitting at the furthest corner of the room.

He took a deep breath as he sat down, brushing his fingers on the piano keys, a small smile appeared on his face. Playing the piano was his best escape from the reality. It was a hobby he and his mom shared. He played the first song he learnt to play. The Moonlight Sonata. The sweet melody reminded him of the laughter that echoed through the music room when he and his mom played the piano, the way his mom would give him a warm hug whenever he got a key right and how happy his mom looked when she played the piano.
"Music is my best friend." His mom used to say.

"I could play the piano too, although the only song I am confident is the Clair de lune. My dad teached me." A voice behind him brought Beomgyu back from his train of thoughts. Beomgyu turned around to meet face to face with a blonde hair tall boy.

"How many songs can you play?" He asked again.

"Sorry if I am being a bother, I am just curious, it's rare to have someone around here who could play the piano so well like you. Most stick to board games or are stuck in their rooms enjoying doing absolute nothing. You do not need to ans..."

"Six" Beomgyu said, so quietly that it came out almost like a whisper.

"Cool, you should play tonight at the bonfire party. Oh my bad, you must have not known about the party, silly me. One of my friend is organizing a bonfire tonight, you should join us, it's going to be groovy."

"There is no piano on rooftop and it's not like anyone plays a piano on a bonfire."

"Oh yeah, true, I am so dumb but you can still play it for us another day."

Beomgyu remained silent. This was the first time someone apart from his parents acknowledged his piano skills.

"Beomgyu it's time for you to take your medicines." The nurse called.

"You better go, see you at the party." The blonde guy exclaimed before sprinting out of the room. He sure is fast.