[Chapter 003] - Debuts

Brendon's POV

Standing up with a small glass of home-brewed whiskey made from a friend, I was in the kitchen. Applying layers of bacon in a large sheet of aluminium foil to prepare for tomorrow morning's breakfast since I have to rush on my way out the next day.

After spreading them out, I grab the rest of the extra pack of meat stored in a ziploc bag, and vacuum seal the life out of it only using my mouth.

Sarah thinks it's dangerous and impossible but it's great to help with my breath control when it comes to singing.

But it's true she can't do it so that's why I'm always assigned to do any meat tasks for meals.

"Hey babe!" She yells across the hallways from the living room.

"Mhm, what's up?!" I yell back, putting the meat in the freezer.

"Come quickly!"

Speed walking across the hallways, I see my lovely girlfriend on the couch. Accompanied with multiple plushies at hand like a child, she points towards my flat screen tv.

"It's Dallon!" She exclaims.

Dallon. As in Dallon Weekes? I haven't heard about that guy in so long. The only time we've actually seen each other was the Reading Festival located in the U.K.

Looks like his band is successful now. Not only because he's appearing on tv, but he's appearing on the Jimmy Kimmel show! Jimmy Fucking Kimmel...

"Aw, that's so rad!"

As we both watch him perform with his partner, I think his name was Ryan...? Either way, they were both amazing, and the song they created was downright catchy.

I guess they finally "made it" and I'm super proud of the guy he is now. It was a good choice not trying to hog him after he decided it was best to take on his future music career his own way.

"Alright, thank you so much! That was 'I Dont Know How But They Found Me's' Leave Me Alone, with their very first and new album, 'Razzmatazz' you can buy and stream it on vinyl today! Thank you for listening and Goodnight!" Jimmy exclaims from the screen.

"Thank you very much, sir." Dallon replies on his microphone, staring at the camera with a smile.

After a while of messing around, Sarah decides it would be best to go back to her apartment because it was already past midnight.

"Traffic is probably gonna be heavier if I wait it out more," she says.

"Alright, well thanks for coming," I say grabbing the door.

I walk her out and wave goodbye to her as I wait for the car to fully disappear out of my driveway.

Thereafter rethinking about Dallon's performance an hour ago, I think it would be best to fully congratulate him. It just feels wrong not to.

I grab my phone from the kitchen counter and I scroll all the way down from messages. It's been a while since we've talked that he's almost at the bottom of the barrels of my recent contacts list.

Hey! I saw your performance.

Congrats, man

He doesn't respond at all. Probably obvious because he's either trying to unpack his equipment away or he's already out celebrating.

2 Minutes Later

Dallon

Do I know you?