Chapter 58

"clothing brand?"

Third Person POV

"0-2 Nathan. Zero and two. This is supposed to be a championship season for us and we start like this." Andrew complained as he threw the ball through the hoop.

"It's not over yet. We're still in this thing." He calmed down his friend as he rebounded the basketball.

"Yeah, maybe but we won't be if you and your brother don't stop acting like babies." The slightly older boy pointed out.

"So it's only us? Not you also ignoring Lucas?" Nathan said which made his friend go quiet. "That's what I thought."

"Hey, at least I had more assists than you two." Andrew shrugged which gained a blank look from the young Scott brother. "Sorry, just sucks starting the season like this, and with the more added pressure of this being Whitey's last year."

"I get it," Nate responded as we twirled the basketball between his hands. "But we're still on track to getting that championship, it's just a slow start."

"And a crappy one at that," Andrew added making Nathan nod. "Okay, how bout we shift this conversation to you and Hales?"

Nate grimaced at the question which didn't go unnoticed by the other teen boy.

"Guessing by your face, something went wrong between you two." He inferred and got the confirmation with a slight nod from the young Scott. An annoyed groan escaped from the boy's mouth, "Come on man, I thought everything was going well since that fantasy boy date."

"It was, but," He sighed before going on, "I kinda messed it up."

Andrew nodded at the information as he started to speak, "How bad?"

Nathan squinted his eyes and glanced at the floor before answering, " I accused her of trying to trap me?"

"Trap you?"

"Trap me with a kid." He added, which made Andrew raise his brows at the explanation.

"Give me the ball." That was all he said and Nate not knowing where it was going, did what he said. As soon as Andrew received it, he threw it fast at Nathan's gut causing him to wince and grabbed his stomach. "That's what you get for even thinking that of Haley. She loves you, dumbass. What made you even think that?"

"Dan said some stuff and it got in my head." He replied as he tried to shake off the hit.

"Of course, it was your father. I thought you knew better than to listen to that man."

"I didn't, but it stayed behind my mind, and then somehow I'm looking through her stuff, trying to find birth control pills."

"Wow, you are stupid." Andrew scoffed which earned a slightly bothered look from Nathan. "Sorry, too harsh. Look just apologize, she might still be a bit hurt but at least you're saying sorry." He nodded his head to acknowledge the advice. "Okay now enough with this, we're here to step up our game."