Chapter 2: Welcome to Beacon Academy

Y/n POV

I slept in the airship for quite a while now. But since there are many people onboard, I couldn't sleep comfortably with the noise around. Still, I like listening to my music.

I look around and saw a hologram speaking. The hologram appears to be a middle-aged woman with blonde hair tied in a bun and a curl hanging down the right side of her face. She seems to be talking, so I took off my earphone and listen to what she had to say.

"You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now, it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world." After saying so, the hologram disappears into thin air.

(Now it feels like I'm someone special. I'm just a normal person that loves to hear and play songs.)

I look around again and everyone seems to admire the view from up here. Well...except that guy right there.

"Hm... I might need to make friends. It's no fun spending your life solo in an academy." I mumbled.

I eventually ended up resting throughout the whole flight. I hope time can pass faster.

Soon, we reach Beacon Academy. I look above, admiring the fact that it's so cool. I wonder if I'm really accepted here. I walk closer to the academy and saw some girls and boys looking at me.

Hm... I wonder why?

-Flashback: 7 years ago-

"Bro, did you have any friends at school?" Aria asked.

"Yep, there're many! Most of them are girls, though."

As soon as she heard my response, she burst out laughing.

"What?"

"I guess your cuteness is so cunning. I mean, I can't lie saying you're not cute. Good luck getting male friends. But, it's just for now, check yourself out when you're older." Sis Aria said.

-End of Flashback-

(I guess she's right. The amount of girls interested in me is lesser here. After all, we're all future Huntsmen and Huntresses. And I might look older...)

I ignore them and keep on walking straight.  The girls stop looking at me and smile.

People POV

"He looks so innocent." Boy 1 said.

"I wonder how he gets accepted here." Boy 2 said while wondering.

"We can't assume he is weak since he's accepted. He must have a powerful semblance." Girl 1 said.

"People here sure are different." Girl 2 said.

Y/n POV

I walk around to find where am I supposed to go and explore the academy outdoors. It took me some time to went around. And during my exploration, I saw a girl lying down on the floor.

I walk toward her and decided to do a little trick. As soon as she stood up, I walked toward her and surprise her from behind.

"Hello there," I said. I could feel that she was literally shivering right now.

"H-Huh?" The girl responded.

"Don't you know how to greet a new pal? Turn around and shake my hand." I said.

As soon as she turns around, I lend out my hand for a quick handshake. She lends out her hand and grabs mine. Then a fart sound appears, it's pretty loud.

"Hehe... the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick. It's always fun to scare people like this and give them an unexpected situation." I said while giggling a little.

The girl then let out a huge sigh, I guess she was really shivering.

"By the way, you've been accepted to Beacon, right? You look a little too young to attend this school. Anyways, I'm Y/n. Nice to meet ya." I said while smiling.

"Oh, hi. I'm Ruby, Ruby Rose. But aren't you also a little too young to attend an academy?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah, I guess so... Anyways, you don't look fine."

"Yeah, I think I made a bad first impression on some crappy girl." She said.

"Well, don't worry. It's just a mistake, right?"

"Yeah..." She replied.

"I'm gonna go around now. I hope we meet again. Cya!" I said as I ran to check some places.

Ruby Rose POV

"There goes the only fun person met." I lie down on the floor again.

Y/n POV

Not long after, I went inside a place. Since... I saw many people going in there. Due to curiosity, I went in and I saw that there are so many people. There's a stage, probably where the Headmaster is gonna give his speech.

-Timeskip-

After waiting for around 10-15 minutes, the headmaster came from the stage.

"I guess it's time." I stood up and look at him.

I heard the sound of the mike and the headmaster start speaking. If I wasn't mistaken, the name of the headmaster is Ozpin, Professor Ozpin.

"Ahem... I'll keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge. To hone your craft and acquire new skills. And when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step." And with that, his speech is done.

"You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed!" The same woman who was from the hologram said.

"Well, I better go fast to get the best place to sleep."

I use my semblance and swoosh to get to the ballroom. I found a place near the window. It felt so comfortable with my bed. This bed is just a bed on the floor.

-Timeskip-

It's already nighttime. So much time has passed, yet I only felt that a little time has passed. I made some friends, to be honest, we just play around and listen to music together.

Anyways, I should go to sleep now.

Ruby Rose POV

"Oh, him!" I said as I point at the sleeping boy.

"What's with him?" My sister asked.

"He's the guy that made me shiver using his trick and left. Though, I think he's a pretty fun guy." I said.

"Ooooh... He's asleep though. I never knew you met such a cute guy before." My sister said teasingly.

"Sister Yang. I know what you're gonna say, so don't say it."

"Alright, alright."

My attention is then forwarded to the flash of light coming from other direction.