1 - The Reader

You are a scholar from the Akademiya in Sumeru. You are that one student who never failed a test, never screwed up an experiment, nor get any negative results on researches or investigations. You are smart, kind, friendly, and popular too. 

You were popular before even getting into the Akademiya, you were known amongst the citizens of Sumeru City. It's all because you are the younger sister of the Akademiyas scribe. Yes, Alhaitham is your dear older brother. 

The grand sage, Azar, was quite fond of you. He kept you near him even though you didn't have a special role in the Akademiya. He saw you as a gem, you never failed a project in your life, he thought of it as if it were your luck. You weren't allowed to leave the Akademiya, nor leave Sumeru at that.

-----

After all that the almighty traveler, alongside your brother and friends had done for Sumeru, Azar was finally taken down from the position as the grand sage, which eased you life big time. You were free. 

"So, now that you're 'free', what do you plan on doing now?" Asks Alhaitham who just entered your office. [Office as in something like a lab of your own] You shook your head, "There are a lot of things I want to do, I don't know what I'll be doing." You answered.

Alhaitham smiled at you, "Just do whatever makes you happy, that's legal too, of course." It was unlike Alhaitham to say something that's not as blunt as he normally is, well I guess he is a caring older brother. 

You spent a whole week thinking on what you want to do now that you are not restricted to just the Akademiya anymore. And as you were in the Akademiyas library looking for inspiration, your eyes land upon a book about the seven nations.

That's when you made up your mind.

Not too long after, you jogged to your brothers office, widely opening the door without knocking. fortunately only your brother was there. "Did something happen for you to barge in like that?" Asks Alhaitham who was sitting at his desk.

You realized what you just did and carefully closed the door. You scratched the back of your neck that wasn't itchy at the slightest. "It's either something bad happened or there is something you want." Says Alhaitham as he closes his portfolios. 

Only now you feel nervous to ask your dear brother, when earlier you seemed like the most enthusiastic. "..I saw a book in the library about the seven nations.." Alhaitham figured out what you wanted with just that. "Mhm, and?" Alhaitham looks at you, expecting a continuation to your sentence. 

"..Am I allowed to travel?.." You asked hesitatingly. Once again, Alhaitham smiled at you. "You're old enough to do whatever you want, I won't stop you. Make sure you stay safe, that's all." Says Alhaitham as he walks towards you.

You face lit up immediately, you hugged your brother tightly and thanked him. "Where do you plan on going to first?" Asks Alhaitham. "You shook your head, "I don't know, maybe I'll ask the traveler about it." 

And not even a minute later, the traveler and Paimon came. "Hey Alhaitham-" Paimon stops midsentence as she saw you standing there. "Did we interrupt something?" Asks the traveler. Alhaitham shook his head, "Right on time Traveler. This is my sister." Says Alhaitham. "My name is Y/N [Your name], pleasure to meet you both." You said as you smiled at the both of them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too." Traveler says as Paimon smiles. "Paimons name is Paimon!" As the usual Paimon introduction. "Also Alhaitham, you said we were on time, what was that referring too?" Asks the traveler. Alhaitham looked at me, giving me signs too say what I need to say. 

You explain your condition to the traveler and said that you wanted to travel yet have no idea what you're up against. "Maybe take the same route as I did, start with Mondstadt, then to Liyue, then Inazuma. Then you can come back here to Sumeru." Says the traveler. "We haven't been to Fontaine, Natlan, or Snezhnaya yet so maybe when you're finally back in Sumeru, we could tell you where to go next." Paimon says continuing the travelers sentence.

You nod, "Thank you Traveler and Paimon." You said with an exited look on your face. Before you left the office, Traveler and Paimon told you about the types of monsters or enemies there are in the other nations that are different from the ones in Sumeru. You write what they said down onto an empty notebook Alhaitham gave you. You thanked them once again and left the office.

You went back into your dorm and start sorting some of things out. Not to long after, Kaveh came into the room. "Ya going somewhere kid?" He asks. You, Alhaitham and Kaveh are roommates. Kaveh is like an older brother to you, you get along with him just fine, unlike Alhaitham wkth Kaveh.

You turn your head towards him and explain whatever just happened. He nods and helps you pack a few things.

-----

It was the day you set off to the city of freedom, Mondstadt. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people said their goodbyes, and gave a couple of small gifts to you. The traveler, Paimon, Kaveh and Alhaitham were waiting for you at the border of Sumeru city. "Stay safe." Says Alhaitham as he pats your head.

Kaveh gave you a little keychain with Sumeru City carved onto it, "I made this last minute, keep it with you." Kaveh says as he latches the keychain onto your bag. They wave their hands goodbye as you begin your journey to the city of Mondstadt.

~

To be Continued..