2 - Mondstadt

You finally step foot onto the city of freedom, Mondstadt. You took a deep breath, and started walking as you admired how different Mondstadt is from Sumeru. You bumped into someone as you weren't looking where you were going.

"I apologize, are you alright?" Says the man you bumped into. He was tall and had blonde hair, he also sparks the colour red off of him. "I'm sorry for bumping into you, I wasn't looking where I was going." You said as you moved back a step.

"Please don't worry about it. I've never seen you around here, are you new to Mondstadt?" Asks the man as he seems to have looked at someone on the other side of the hill. You nodded, you told him that you were traveling around.

"I see. My name's Thoma! You are?" Thoma, Mondstadt definitely has a different way of names, you thought. "My name's Y/N, pleasure to meet you."

"Thoma, we must get going. Oh? Who's this?" Asks a lady with light blue hair. From her appearance, she seems like an elegant type of person, and Thoma seemed more on the fun side. "I bumped into them by accident. This is Ayaka Kamisato, lady of the Kamisato clan in Inazuma." Says Thoma introducing Ayaka.

You started to panic slightly, were you supposed to bow down? Say something? You didn't know the way people greet eachother or anything of the sort asides from "Hello" or "Greetings". "Please, don't panic." Says Ayaka as she smiled.

"You don't have to formally greet me or anything. And Thoma, you don't have to introduce me as 'Lady of the Kamisato clan' when we're not doing any business outside of Inazuma." Continues Ayaka as she looks at Thoma, then back at you.

"Apologies." Apologizes Thoma as he scratched the back of his head. "Anyways, we must get going. We'll see you someday Y/N!" Says Thoma as he waves at you. "It was a pleasure meeting you." Says Ayaka with a smile. "Pleasure to meet you too, safe travels to you both." You said as you waved at them.

.

You continued your journey, making it to the front of the city. The city was very lively. As you've made it further into the city, you see a certain someone with braids playing a lyre near the large statue in front of Mondstadt's cathedral. You stared at the person, amazed by how well he plays the lyre. You dozed off in the middle of the music since you were tired and didn't really know how things were in Mondstadt. When the bard was finished with his performance, he noticed you dozing off, slowly falling asleep.

"Boo."

You widened your eyes and saw that the bard was in front of you. "Now don't doze off here."

You shook your head, lightly slapping you face waking yourself up. "Ah, I'm sorry." You said as you scratched the back of your head. The bard laughed, "Wanna drink with me at Angels Share?" He asks you while looking like an idiot. You've never had wine before, so you really didn't know what to say. "Uhm--" "Well there are other drinks at Angels Share too if you're not a wine person, or you could drink grape juice, cider, whatever-"

You didn't know what too say as it was all very sudden. You just nodded as you were extremely tired and you needed somewhere to rest for a while, and so you accepted the bards offer as he drags you all the way to Angels Share.

As you closed the door behind you, you saw a man in red and black standing behind the counter, saying "This is the third time you're here bard. Now you're dragging someone with you?"

"Ehe."

"Venti, really?" Says the man in red once again.

You were really tired and so you just watched them and didn't say anything. Dozing off, you fainted instead of just simply falling asleep.

.

.

.

You wake up to find yourself in an unknown room. You sat up trying to remember what happened previously. Only a few moments later, the door to the room opened, revealing the man in red you saw at the bar earlier on. "So you've woken up." He says. You nod. As you were about to ask what happened, the bard, who goes by the name Venti, decided to barge into the room.

"Ah! You're awake!" He says in a loud voice. 

"Pipe down." The man says as Venti brings a tray with a glass of water. 

"Oh you're no fun Master Diluc, being all dark and gloomy would never make the guest feel any better." Venti says as he gives you a glass of water.

'So this is Diluc, and the bard is Venti..' You had thought as you drank the water Venti gave you. After Diluc explained what happened, Venti came to ask who you were and where you were form. 

You told them your story in a short manner and stayed silent most of the time. 

A few days later, you had met a lot of friends, them being Diluc, Venti, Grandmaster Jean, Captain Kaeya, Katheryne, Klee, Amber, Flora, Diona, and many others.

Then the next thing you know, you had said your goodbyes to everyone in Mondstadt, and had set off for your next adventure in Liyue.