ONE

The ship and its lights were the only signs of human life in hundreds of kilometers. It was rocking slowly on the calm sea. The night was dark and cold. The stars were twinkling in the sky, their twins dancing on the surface. The ship was made of dark wood. It was almost one with the night sky. A couple of men were out on its deck. Some were looking out into the see, leaning on the railing. Others were lying on the floor, staring at the sky. Two were sitting together, their backs propped against the foremast. They were old friends. Their names were Kang Yeosang and Jung Wooyoung.

"It's been a long time, don't you think?" Wooyoung asked. A cloud appeared when he spoke, the warm air hitting the cold.

"Yhym..."

"Do you think the soldier boys beat them up?"

Yeosang snickered. The smile made his look a bit less like a sculpture, with his pale skin and dark hair.

"Do you have so little faith in our Captain?"

The man with unnatural, white streaks in his hair made a thinking face.

"No," he said after a moment, "I believe in Captain. It's the soldier boys that I doubt. They're supposed to be cursed, aren't they?"

"It's not a curse, if they asked for it."

Another man joined their conversation. His arms were bare, showing off the tan skin and muscles. Wooyoung wrapped the fur jacket closer around his body. How could he walk around like that?

"So... not cursed, alright, but there was a witch involved, am I wrong?"

"You're right."

"Yeah, don't interrupt me then, Choi."

Choi San laughed at that, dimples appearing in his cheeks, softening his appearance.

"Aren't you freezing?" Yeosang asked.

San shrugged. He was born in a colder region, unlike some of his mates. The weather wasn't half as bad as it could've been.

"A bit."

"I told you something got messed up in there," Wooyoung tapped his head, "the last time he fell from the nest."

San rolled his eyes and Yeosang shook his head.

"Come here," Kang said.

"Make space for me then," San said, already walking closer.

The two boys moved to the sides and he slipped in between them. Yeosang started to rub his hands on San's arms, letting out a disapproving "tsk" when he felt how cold they were. Wooyoung put his arm around the other man, but not without muttering:

"If you touch me with those cold hands, I'm cutting them off."

San just laughed louder and grabbed his palm, raising it to his mouth and landing a kiss on the man's knuckles. Wooyoung just scoffed.

"How long is it already" a husky voice asked from the front.

"Thirty minutes? Forty maybe?" Yeosang guessed.

"Too long..." a softer voice said.

Two shadows got closer to the three men. As they got closer, the trio could easily tell Mingi and Yunho apart. They were both tall, but the former had messy hair and sharp features that made him look way more threatening that he attempted to. On the other hand, Yunho had fuller cheeks, but his face was currently contoured with worry. A third person joined them. It was the youngest of the crew – Jongho. You couldn't tell by the way he looked, cause under the fur and leather jacket was a muscular body that he happily used during their various battles. He was waiting quietly until that very moment.