TWO

The eight pirates were sitting around a fireplace. They were inside the Captain's quarters and the fire allowed them the shed the outer layers, leaving them in thick, cotton shirts.

"The letter came today, but the date is from three days ago," Hongjoong said, the small bit of paper in his hand.

The crow, which brought the message, was sitting on Seonghwa's arm and the witch was feeding it seeds, when the bird demanded them. It was getting the reward it deserved after the long journey.

"So, it gives us... twenty-one days," the Captain continued.

The crew was silent. Twenty-one days. That wasn't a lot.

"Is she certain?" Yunho asked.

"She was never wrong before."

"What about the visions, hyung?" San turned to Seonghwa. "Did you see anything about it?"

The with shook his head.

"Nothing since the last one."

"Let it stay that way," Hongjoong said.

Seonghwa's face twitched at the harsh tone. It's not like he controlled the dreams he had. Nor that he chose to only see things being more complicated than before. The Captain knew it.

"We have a plan, the date changes nothing. We see Bang Chan and his soldiers in two days. We'll plan further after that."

His voice left no place for discussion.

The trio consisting of Wooyoung, Yeosang and San just shrugged and left the room, their shoulders brushing as they stayed close. Jongho mentioned something about getting more food to Yunho and they left soon after. Mingi stayed behind for a moment. He took a loose piece of paper and drew something resembling a wonky calendar. Twenty-one days from now he marked an "X." He then folded it neatly and put it in his pocked. Grabbing his jacket, he left.

Seonghwa stayed in his seat. He stared at the fireplace, thoughts floating in his head. He heard the rustling as Hongjoong put the letter away and started writing in his leatherbound journal, but he paid him no mind. He didn't even feel the man's eyes on him, when the Captain looked at him with narrowed eyes, only to sigh and come back to writing. It was the crow that brought him back on earth. It tugged at Seonghwa's ear impatiently. The witch looked at the bird, a smile forming on his lips.

"Ah, you probably want to rest, hm?" he asked the crow.

The Captain sent him a look that bordered on amused.

"You should go to sleep, Seonghwa."

The witch looked at him surprised, like he forgot the other man was there. He got over the surprise quickly. Seonghwa nodded his head and stood up. The thought of sleep and the possibility of another vision wasn't inviting at all, but he couldn't really stay here the whole night. The crow flopped its wings and they moved towards the exit. At the last moment, he turned to the slightly younger man.

"Captain," he said, "you should rest, too."

With that he left the room, leaving Hongjoong staring at the door.

...

The time finally came when Chan gathered his makeshift family together to discuss the deal. They sat around his room, similarly to the day when the pirates appeared in the castle.

"So... Who wants to start?" The General asked.

The men looked at each other. No one seemed eager to speak up first, but Chan didn't want to impose his opinion on the other boys. He looked at Hyunjin – he was sure the long-haired man had a stance on this matter.