fourteen

"I still don't know why you didn't choose to go in disguise," I said walking along with Tewkesbury at the platform.

"It's alright, mother won't notice me." He said.

"Right," I looked at him unsure. "Anyways, the train should be departing in about fifteen to twenty minutes," I said looking at my train ticket. "Ready?" I turned to see Tewkesbury gone.

Where has he gone? I wondered. I soon started to worry, Tewksbury doesn't have the most brilliant mind. "Tewkesbury," I whispered, irritated.

I tried looking everywhere, I think he decided to go with the bag plan. Not the smartest idea, but anything works. I handed my ticket to the ticket man. I started to walk into the platform, I looked around hoping Tewkesbury was already in.

As I turned around, I saw my family as well as Tewkesbury's, as well as a policeman. I quickly turned around.

"There is no sign of them anywhere, sir." I heard the policeman shout. I made sure my face was out of sight.

I overheard Tewkesbury's mother talk to the policemen. "I want assurance that my son is not-"

"He's not on this train." The policeman interrupted her.

"Of course he's on the train! You simply haven't looked properly." Another person argues back. I recognized his voice as Tewkesbury's uncle.

I stopped listening to them and quickly went on the train.

***

I sat down in a compartment, no one was in there. Although, there was this bag on top of the shelf, which was sketchy. A boy walked past, he quickly stopped and opened the carriage door.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" His voice didn't sound like a boy. Their facial features were also like a girl. I think it was a girl. But I remained silent and just nodded. They sat across from me.

The train started to move and after a few minutes the sketchy bag had thudded and a sneeze came out of it. The bag started to rip open with a pocket knife. Both the us looked at it carefully.

After a hand came out and reached for the lock of the bag. Finally, a boy, wait. That's Tewkesbury. My eyes widened. He tried getting out of the bag but failed and instead landed on the floor.

Tewkesbury grunted after his "majestic" fall.

The girl and I both looked at him. His eyes started to widen, the girl was more worried about him so I signaled to him to pretend not to know me.

"Hello," He said, getting out of the bag. The girl looked at Tewkesbury, in disbelief.

"Please get out of this carriage," I said politely, pretending not to know him.

"I can't," Tewkesbury said, putting away the pocket knife. "I'm in hiding. Bit of a to-do. Bribed a porter to put me in this and get me on board." Tewkesbury sat next to me.

So that's how he got into the train.

"Very daring." He said looking at the girl across from us.

"Get out of this carriage right now." The girl said.

"You're a... strange-looking gentleman." Tewkesbury fixed his coat while staring at the girl still.

"You think you look normal?" The girl remarked.

"You're not a boy at all," I fired back. The girl was stunned that I knew.