[ 04 ] a riderless vhagar

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

*ੈ⸝⸝⚔️˗ˏˋ CHAPTER FOUR ࿐ྂ

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❝ would you join me ? ❞┊˚͙۪۪̥◌

━━━━━━━━━━━ DAENA HAD DECIDED THAT SHE HATED FUNERALS. She had to stand there with her family and act like her father hadn't been burned alive just hours before. Her lip wobbled as she thought about Harwin, and she went to touch her necklace, only to rethink her decision as she wasn't supposed to be mourning him. At least in public.

She had been woken from her bed that morrow by her mother, who had tears in her eyes and a broken expression on her face. That look was enough to tell Daena that something had happened. Something bad. But nothing could have prepared her for standing in Driftmark at a funeral of a kin she never knew, while trying to suppress the urge to drown in her bed in sorrow whilst thinking of her late father.

She didn't know much of High Valyrian, but she knew enough to know that whatever was being spoken about her family was not good. As her mother took her and her brothers under her arms protectively, Daena glared at the dark skinned man, who she wasn't sure if he was Lord Corlys or his brother. She supposed he was Lord Corlys' brother, but she wasn't sure, she simply didn't care enough to learn which was which. The brother's name was Vaemond, she knew because it was so close to the name her uncle owned. She had caught Aemond staring at her a couple of times, but all of those times she had only scowled at him before turning her attention back to the ceremony.

Her brows furrowed as Prince Daemon started laughing, which thankfully took everyone's attention off of her family. The stunt earned him some wary looks, but at least their eyes weren't on Rhaenyra and her children anymore. Daena narrowed her eyes at the man, who eventually noticed her look and responded to it with an amused smile. She rolled her eyes and nodded her head once as a thank you, to which he laughed at, again.

Daena watched as Lady Laena was let go into the ocean, and she dreaded the moment of her own death. If she were to die, she wanted to die an honorable death. Doing something she loved. Daena would rather kill herself than die in childbirth. That she was sure of. She walked away from her family and went to stand by Viserys, who was then dragging her off to meet his brother.

Daemon watched with amused eyes as his brother pulled the small child who had glowered at him earlie towards him. He watched the girl accept her fate and fix her posture as taught before she pursed her lips at him.

Viserys sent his brother a sorrowful smile. "I am deeply sorry for your loss, brother. It is a dreadful thing, losing a wife."

Daemon looked away at that. He had lost his wife and child and all people had to say was sorry? It was Laena's choice and he respected it, he truly did. He would have never cut her up like his brother had done to his late wife, just at the possibility of a son. But that didn't mean it didn't hurt the way he lost her.