Chapter 10: Trials of Impressment

A Chinese restaurant.

That's what this mysterious person had told Abisai to meet at. They were supposed to meet at this Chinese restaurant called; 'Nian Qin Cai Fan'. As Abisai recalled, it was located at a mountainside, and the views were so breath-taking at dawn.

But Abisai does not have time for that. He has to be there by at least three o clock. He took his scimitar, in case he encountered some people who were told to hunt him down, and wore a black cape to cover up his face. After settling everything, he held on to his scimitar, and whooshed off.

Abisai was used to travel at the speed of the wind, as he used it to escape the scenes after he had assassinates those corrupt officials. He had already mastered this ability for about twenty years. Sometimes, he might stop by to read signs to the restaurant, and Abisai will vanish as soon as he verified his location, and who knows what the nearby people would see, maybe a guy who glitched in a split second?

After a few minutes of speed travelling, Abisai was at the restaurant's 'WELCOME!' mat.

It was designed like a Chinese building, with yellow blazing roof tiles, the door looked like at was hundreds of years old, and Abisai can see the red lights glowing inside the building. It looked like a good tourist attraction, but Abisai was no tourist, he was a public enemy number one.

"Ah! You're here Abisai-San!" Oh great, Abisai thought. He turned to the sound of the voice, he saw a man, he wore a black kimono, with huge red flowers on it. The person smiled at Abisai, that smile... when he smiles like that,  people would mistake him for being a nice guy, but Abisai knew what this person did during his free time, and it is too disturbing even for the toughest of his comrades. But even though Abisai doesn't like this guy, he was still his ally.

He sighed, "Good day to you, Akumu, looks like the person had invited you too." Akumu giggled, and smiled. "Well, you will definitely need backup if the people who are after you are here." Abisai took a deep breath, and facepalmed himself. "I told you, even though if they're a member of the Twelve Protectors, I can still take them on. And, what will happen if they prefer to fight in broad daylight?" Akumu giggled again. "My, oh, my Abisai-San! You really know me that much, do you?" "You're a vampire, you'll burn to particles if you reveal your true form right now." The vampire nodded, and patted Abisai's shoulders as he spoke, "That's the right answer! You really are a vampire expert!" Abisai stood there silently, and started to speak again. "He must be waiting, let's meet him."

Once they opened the front door, the scent of mouth-watering delicacies filled the entire room, and perhaps, the entire building. A woman, who is definitely a waitress, ran up to the seemingly innocent duo, and spoke. "Huan Ying! Huan Ying!" Abisai doesn't understand what she just said, he can speak in many languages, but Chinese isn't one of those languages. However,  he can tell that the waitress was welcoming them.

"You Zi Wei?" The waitress asked in Chinese again. Abisai does not have a clue about what she was saying, but Akumu cleared his throat. "Liang Wei." He replied in perfect Chinese. Well, guess the vampire can be a good translator to some other foreign languages. "Hao de." The waitress said, "Wait." Abisai stopped her, the waitress turned back, and spoke. "What is it?" And now he knows that the people here do speak English, and speaking Chinese is a part of their job.

"We are invited by someone." He took out a piece of paper, the same paper that the person had gave him a few days ago. "Our seating is at: Table 33." "Alright, follow me." The waitress had brought them upstairs, and to a table with curtains closing it. "Over here." The waitress said, "Xie Le." Akumu said and bowed. And the man was there when they entered.

He was feasting on a dish of meat, which was possibly pork, a hood was covering his head, and his face was barely visible. "Ah," A voice in the hood spoke. "Both of you had arrived, please, take a seat." Abisai and Akumu sat down at the opposite table. "I had already ordered your meals." The man spoke. "And I sincerely apologize if they are not your type." "It's alright." Abisai replied. The man continued to pull out pieces of meat from the pork and threw it into the hood, which was an odd way of eating.