Chapter 12: The First Game

So many familiar faces.

I saw so many people from the time when I had received my Ice Element here. I remember the girl with red hair, a pair of triplets wearing the similar yellow outfits, a boy whose appearance obviously resembles that of an Egyptian Pharaoh (he could be a prince like me, we could've been buddies!), and... oh nuts.

Someone had caught my eye, it was the dude that with the black jacket. That same dude... who ranted about Fairy Elements being curses at the Element-receiving ceremony, I must had triggered him hard back then, and he must had not made amends with me yet, well it's probably because that we never saw each other again. Until today...

There was a man with him, who is definitely his father due to their striking resemblance, he wore a fiery-orange outfit, and seems to be bound to a wheelchair. "Hey Edward, what a-" Felix's eyes widened when he turned to see where I was looking, "Felix, it's alright." Aisha comforted him, and started to pat her friend on the shoulder.

The dude's cyan eyes suddenly started turning towards us, and his eyes widened, filled with shock, and I can get the message from his glare, 'Really? You? Here? Now?'. I saw his father talk to him, and turned to check out on what the dude was so interested at, he gasped, and called out excitedly. "Claude!"

My brother must had heard him, because he turned to the direction of the call. He called back, "Trad!" and rushed towards him. It seems that these two must have been friends, since both of them were so excited to see each other. They shook hands, and started to chat. "Good day to you! I haven't seen you since the last meeting of the Twelve Protectors!" Trad said, "Yeah! Your legs getting better?" Claude asked. "Oh, it's not getting any better for now. Guess I'm bound to this wheelchair for a few more years."

"Which is why Mother always advised you to see a doctor every month." Trad's son mumbled to his father.

Their loud voices seemed to attract the attention of the crowd as they turned towards them, they stood there, wide-eyed with, joy and excitement. "It's Trad, and Claude..." One of them spoke, "Two of the Twelve Protectors! Right here!" Another one shrieked. "The Twelve Protectors rarely show up in public, why here?" The red-haired girl asked, "They must be here to examine our performances." The Egyptian-Pharaoh clothed boy answered, but I think he's talking to himself than answering her question. "Whoa! We've been waiting for this moment!" One of the triplets spoke, "Let's get their autographs!" The other triplet added.

"And hey! Isn't that Claude's younger brother? Whom the Greek God of the Forge nicknamed him as 'Younger version of the singer Rick Astley' back at the Element-receiving?" The final triplet asked, loudly so that not only the triplet brothers, but the other pedestrians around us could hear him. They all turned their eyes from Claude and Trad to me. I stared at every single one of those people, who are staring back at me with curiosity on their faces. I cleared my throat, I had prepared myself for this moment.

"That's right! It is I, Edward Clifford. Brother of Claude Clifford, the current King of Paxsalam as well as a member of the Twelve Guardians!" I said like a spokesperson, I took off my top hat and bowed to my audience while giving them a pleasant smile. "And would you all be delighted to allow me to sign your autographs too?" 

I expected the audience to cheer and beg me to sign their autographs. Instead of doing that, they smiled awkwardly. "He's a cute guy." They all cooed in unison, they all turned their attention back to my brother and Trad and rushed towards them while screaming with joy, while leaving me behind in the dust. My smile slowly fades away into a disappointed frown, I didn't expect people to be not be excited when a literal prince offers to sign their autographs...

"Oh, boy." Claude said, "We should have done it more privately. We're probably drawing lots of attention now..." "Oh, never mind. I'm used to these." Trad replied. The crowd started to talk to each other excitedly, with topics like getting my brother's and Trad's autographs, or fangirling about their heroic deeds. Whoa, I always knew that my brother was famous even outside Paxsalam, but I didn't expect him to be this famous.