Prologue

(Y/n)

It was another sunny and bright day out. I felt the sun on my face as I closed my eyes and lay my head back on the tree. Encanto was my home. Being born as raised here is such flex not gonna lie. I mean It's beautiful here!

I open my eyes and look across the river to see.. Camilo Madrigal. Now I didn't know a lot about him but I did know that he could shapeshift, well everyone knew that. I watch him as he sat down and hugged his knees. And that's when I realized he was... crying? He looks at himself in the water as a tear drop makes it's way down his cheek and hits the water making the water move just a little.

If anything this was actually weird. I've never seen him cry, he was the most cheerful madrigal out of all of them.

"Hey... Are you okay?" I ask the boy from the other side of the river. He jumps up and we lock eyes. He wipes his face and smiled.

"Yeah! Haha I'm okay, why do you ask?" he faked.

"You don't have to fake it you know I saw you crying." I say he makes a straight line with his lips.

"Great."
He looks down.

"Is everything okay?" I ask he looks up.

"You don't even know me, why do you care?" he asks. He was right I never even talked to a madrigal before.

"Your right, I don't know you but you don't have to push people away when they ask."

"Sorry, It just really doesn't concern you." he said. I roll my eyes. That's what I get when I try to be nice?

"Alright well bye madrigal." I say jumping down from the branch. I felt his eyes stick to me as I left. I wall home as I wonder about why camilo might have been crying. Wait. Why do i even care? Oh that's right I don't really. See coming from a family that was always hidden away and didn't get out much I never really got to interact with many people. It wasn't that my mom and dad hated people it was that they were always fighting. My dad told me when I wanted to got out and play that people would look at me weird and judge me just so that he didn't have to argue about me going out with my mom.

Stupid right?

I got home and went straight to my room as I heard my parents once again fighting. I got my sketch book and drawing stuff.

"Why are you like this!"

"Because we don't even go out to get food anymore!"

"Because they look at us weird!"

"They do that because we are always yelling and at each other's throats!"

"Whatever." my dad coldly said. Moments later I heard a knock on my door. It was my older brother. (Ryan)

"Dads not too happy about this but we're going to one of the madrigals gift ceremonies." he spoke softly so my parents wouldn't hear him.

"Just you and me?"
He nods.

"Tomorrow night." he says. I nod and he goes to his room. I put my phone and earbuds in my bag with my drawing stuff and climb out my window.
I land on the floor making the little pebbles under me make a cracking sound. I walk through the town and I found a bench. I look at things to draw and I saw to people having what seems to be a date at a cafe in front of me. I start to draw them. I drew the cafe first and then them.
I noticed that the man seemed to admire the women but the women seemed to be bored. I took a better look at them and realize it's Isabela. The flower making madrigal.

I still continue to draw them. As I look up to see if I miss anything I saw them get up and leave.

"Great now I can't finish itttt" I complain.

"It looks pretty finished to me." I look to the side of me and I saw Mr shapeshifter he was leaning on the bench while looking at my drawing.

"Maybe to you? But I missed the flowers in her hair." I say. He simply hums.

"Why haven't I seen you before? You new?" he asks.

"Not new just unnoticed I guess?" I close my sketch book.

"Are you coming to mi hermano's gift ceremony tomorrow night?" he asks. I don't know why he is asking so many questions

"What's it to you?" I say

"Are you or not?"
He pushed.

"Maybe, you'll have to wait and see won't you?" I say getting up.
He looks at me and grins

"I hope I see you there." he says as he walks off.
What does he mean? What is he planning.?

End of the chapter.

I hope you guys liked this chapter!!! Buy simps♥︎