SS 11: Strength

(Charlie)
"So let's get this straight Charlie. You accidentally ran into a pole and got that eye bruise of yours." Ito said as she caressed your cheek, looking at you with concern, while Sae just looked at you with his arms crossed.

"Yeah it really hurts, I should really be careful." You chuckled.

She sighed as she leaned in to give a kiss on your forehead, breaking out of it, to flash a smile at you.

"I hope that made it better, but anyways I'm going to head out to buy some groceries and make us three some food, you guys alright with that?"

You nodded your head as did Sae, as she exited the apartment. Now it was just two of you as Sae looked at you dead in the eye.

"So what really happened?" Sae asked you not buying your prior excuse of running into a pole.

It was never going to work in the first place you suppose.

You groaned as you knew, you weren't going to get anything past him, after all, he was your roommate and a good friend of yours now.

"I may, or may not have gotten into a fight with Josh." You sheepishly said, trying to look away from his gaze.

"And I'm assuming that you got folded."

What a great way to say it Sae, you brutal bastard.

"I wouldn't say that but. . . I guess." You simply said as Sae sighed at you.

DING!

You got a message notification on your phone, and it was none other than the man who was eager for you to train with him. . .

Chris Prince.

Chris: Schools over! It's time to hit the gym and get shredded!! Wait school does end at this time right?

You just looked at the message. In all honesty, you weren't bothered to reply at all. Today was certainly not good for you.

Chris: Hello Anri Charlie! Stop leaving me on the seen! It's really not that nice.

Great.

First, you got a black eye and now this guy wanted to train with you for no good reason. It seemed that Sae took notice of your reaction to that message of yours and began to speak up.

"I'm guessing that the notification you got is from someone interesting." Sae guessed, and of course, he was right. Every time you spoke to him, he understood you more and more.

"You're right again it was from Chris."

"Chris? You mean the number 2 in the world that we met before we played against Manshine?"

"Yeah, that's the one."

"What does he want?"

"Well if you must, he wants me to train with him."

Sae looked surprised to hear that but continued to speak.

"Well you should go but after you eat with us."

You chuckled at his comment. "You really think so? And also you want to eat with us" You joked, oh how times have changed with this dynamic friendship of yours.

He wouldn't have been caught dead eating with us back then, but look at him now.

Sae rolled his eye continuing on with his speech. "No one just gets to train with Chris Prince. It's an honour to train with him, and the fact that he directly asked you means you have some potential."

When Sae said it like that, it would have been stupid for you to decline the offer at all from Chris.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world." You smiled at him.