Chapter 55: Fun

"Soda?"

You looked up to see a smiling Ruqa who had just handed you a drink.

You accepted it gratefully.

"Thanks, appreciate it." You gave Ruqa a soft smile as you continued to watch some kids play football, laughing.

You both were currently on a bench.

Ruqa noticed your look as she began to speak up.

"You miss it don't you."

That was all that was needed to say from Ruqa, giving her a self-deprecating chuckle.

"Yeah, how did you know?" You asked her.

"You know me Charlie. I could always tell what you were thinking off just from your facial reactions. You miss playing in Japan don't you?"

"Gosh you know me too well even though we haven't spoken to each other in a while, but yeah I do miss playing in Japan. It was nostalgic." You looked up in the air.

"I always knew that football outside of Japan was bigger. I just didn't how big the world truly is. The Japanese strikers that we have here are nothing compared to the ones in Europe. I know I can be the best and will be the best there are no questions asked. I proved time and time again that I am that striker that can rise to the task, but there are others like me as well who has that sense of winning in them. . . What makes me different from them?"

You sighed thinking about it.

Ruqa gave a small smile at you, as if it was funny to her.

"What's so funny that you're smiling at me?" You asked.

"What's funny is I don't think you realise it, but I can assure you that your different than them." She answers.

"What makes you think that?"

"It's simple Charlie. Whether or not you admit, . . . You're the hungriest player whenever you steep on that pitch."

"You think so?"

She nodded her head.

"I know so everytime you have the ball it's a magical moment, that no one can take from you."

You chuckled at her analysis of you.

"I think you're just being kind to me that's all I and the boys are just playing normal football."

She started to laugh, covering her mouth in an attempt to hold it in.

"I'm not sure if you know this but it's all about perspective Charlie." She said.

"How so?"

"Let me put it this way so it's easier to understand. You, Sae and those other people have been playing football in Europe for so long that you have become accustomed to this level of football. You think it's nothing special, however, on an outside perspective say a fan like me for example we see something different. . . We see demons on the ball that are unstoppable." She finished off saying.

"Do people really see us as demons who are unstoppable, that sounds a bit to far fetch." You nervously scratched your neck, hearing her analysis on you and the boys.

"Without doubt most people see you and your friends as that," She looked to her left and right to see if there was anyone hearing you conversation as she leaned it to whisper something to you, as she cupped your ear.

"Don't say I said this because if she knew she'd kill me but how are you and Kaeda doing."

"Kaeda? I'm pretty sure she hates my guts because I didn't bother messaging her during my time in Spain."

She gave you a little chuckle.

"Your right about that she does hate your guts. . . But that didn't stop her from watching every match that was broadcasted of the U-20 Royale game that displayed in you in it." Ruqa said.

"She still watches my matches?" You asked.

"Why wouldn't she? You're one of the best young player in the world currently. What's funny is every time she finished watching a match she always go on and ramble to me about how good you were in your games. . . She was just hurt that you didn't contact her that's all."

"Your right that was my fault I ruined a great relationship with friend I knew way back since childhood." You sighed.

"Ruined your relationship? No way, even if you did tarnish it some way. . . You do know you have a special place in her heart."

"I seem to have a lot special place in girl's hearts. . . I'm pretty sure I remember you being one of them." You pointed at her, as you could tell that Ruqa was starting to heat up.

"L-Let's not talk about me. . . But who are the other girls?" She curiously asked.

"You ever heard of two girls name Mei and Naomi."

"Aren't there those famous pretty Spain Princesses that are always on the news for their generous donations?"

"Yeah those are the ones. . . Would you believe me that those two have the hots for me." You chuckled.

"No way! Which one do you prefer about the two of them." She asked you excitedly, you guess she didn't question you about them liking you.

"If I had to pick I'd say Mei. What's funny is you may think Mei is a nice and generous girl which she is, she's also a grumpy and needy girl."

Ruqa giggled at your comment. Thank go Mei wasn't here to hear what you were saying about her because if so she'd kill you on the spot.

"But what about. . . Ito?" Ruqa asked.

A question you weren't expecting from her to ask you out of the blue. Actually it would make sense Ruqa is one of Ito's best friends.

"It's. . . Complicated my feelings are clouded." You said.

For this first time in your Ruqa had given you a serious look on her face. A look that could kill someone.

"Pick one." She said in a stern voice, to which made you a bit shocked.

"Huh? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say."

Ruqa stood up from the bench as she looked up at the sky.

"You know exactly what I'm trying to say. . . You have to pick between one of them. I know you just as much as you know yourself you're probably thinking you could have both of them, which you probably could for a while that's much they love you. But I'm the end you have to pick one of them for the sake of their happiness." She stated clearly.

"What about my happiness?" You muttered out.

"Your happiness? Let me ask you this Charlie who is the real you? The one on the pitch or the one off."

"I. . . I. . . I don't know." You stated.

The integration that Ruqa was giving you felt like a therapy session. She was dissecting every little thing about you.

"If you want to find true happiness you need to focus on yourself, forget about them two if they really love you they'll wait."

"But what if they both wait?"

"Like I said you have to pick one." She raised her finger at you.

You let out a slight chuckle. "Thanks. . . I needed that."

"It's been my pleasure." She gave you a little smile as you stood up from the bench, giving her a hug.

"I'm going to miss these talks." You said to her.

"I'll miss then to. . . But hey we'll have these talks again once I become a reporter and ask you some questions. . . So great ready for that." She said.

"I will. . . I have someone else to meet before I depart from Japan."