Chapter 1: Through the Shadows

*Akito POV*

It's been one month since training with Urokodaki-sensei and Makomo-chan. I've become powerful enough to take on the Final Selection. Urokodaki-sensei told me to take Makomo-chan with me. But I refused not wanting to risk the life of my crush. He then realized that I may not always be there to protect her so he decided to have her stay. Makomo-chan was sad. But Urokodaki-sensei knew it was for the best.

Akito: I'll be going now! Bye!

Makomo: Please come back Akito-kun!!!

Urokodaki: good luck. *Hopefully he completes the Selection...*

Akito: I will come back Makomo-chan!!!

And with that, I left.

I then arrived at Mt. Fujikasane where the exam is being held. I saw a ton of other Slayer wannabes. Someone then tapped my shoulder. She was a tad bit shorter than me. She also had Black hair fading to Purple. Pretty short. The rest of her hair is tied to the back with a... Butterfly hair tie?

??: Hello, nice meeting you! I'm Shinobu Kocho. What's your name?

Akito: Akito Kamikaze. Nice meeting you, Shinobu-san

Shinobu: oh? A boy? I thought you were a girl because of your beautiful white hair tied to twin pigtails...

Then, two children of the age of around five or six appeared and explained the passing objectives of the selection. Seven Days to survive. Demons in the Wisteria Prison. Got it. I can do this!

Shinobu: hey, Akito-kun, wanna team up for seven days?

Akito: sure. Love to

The selection started and me and Shinobu started to run into the forest alongside the other Slayer wannabes. We could hear a lot of screaming and shouting for help. We would help some of the only for them to be killed later on. There were some who survive, though. After day one, me and Shinobu decided to rest for a while. I noticed her blade was dipped in Wisteria Poison. Did she do this alone? I must ask her how to make Wisteria Poison..

Shinobu: so, Akito-kun. Why do you wanna be a Slayer?

Akito: To help people. So they won't suffer the same experience I went through...

Shinobu: what is it you went through?

Akito: ... My family died to Upper Rank 2...

Shinobu: oh... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have-

Akito: i- it's fine, Shinobu-san... You don't have to... Everyone let's their curiosity get the better of them...

Shinobu: "say, he's really cute... And kind too. Despite having his family killed right in front of him... He has a strong will to help other people... I love him already!" *Blushes*

Akito: uhh... Why are you blushing?

Shinobu: I- Uh- yeah.... It was Nothing!!! Just... Thinking of my sister...

Akito: you have a sister?

Shinobu: yeah... How about you?

Akito: my sister is a Hashira

Shinobu: really!? Mine too!! Maybe they're friends...

Then Akito hears rustling behind them.

Akito: Water Breathing 2nd Form: Water Wheel!!!

Demon: Arrghh!!!

Shinobu: *yelps*

Akito: don't worry, Shinobu-san. We're safe. But we need to keep moving

Shinobu: r- right!

They then start moving East after that encounter

Akito: Demon, five of them around us!

Shinobu: right! Insect Breathing 1st form: Dance of the Butterfly: Caprice!

Akito: "I watch as she gracefully dances through the air killing demons by my side... It's really satisfying..." 3rd Form: Flowing Dance!

Shinobu: Insect Breathing 3rd form: Dance of the Dragonfly: Compound Eye Hexagon!

A few days

*Akito POV*
We've been fighting demons for days nonstop now. Me and Shinobu has grown tired. It was the last day. We decided to head back early and finds that no other Slayer than me, Shinobu, and another guy named Hyun passed.

The two children then show up and explained ranks, ores, uniform, and Crows

Our crows then landed on us

I chose my ore. Shinobu chose hers, and Hyun chose his.

Hyun: hey, Akito, right?

Akito: Akito Kamikaze. That's me. Why?

Hyun: nothing...

He then just walks away like that

Shinobu: hey! Have somewhere to go back to?

Akito: yeah

Shinobu: me too. Well, I'll be seeing you now! *Kisses his cheek*

Akito: *blushes* yeahhh... See ya...

-Chapter End-