out of ur mind

a/n: again, self-indulgent, and i'm high on iced tea so please bear with me 

is it bear or bare omg 

also this is literally based off of me on a daily basis. and i don't even know how to express it in english but yes i am mainly described by people irl as 'lutang' (tmi tmi tmi) don't even google it because the translation is literal and not based off of it as slang 😭

-

"isagi.. you're turning into puzzles again.." bachira commented. 

isagi ignored- or rather, continued staring at nowhere while cooking mung beans as if bachira didn't say a thing. he actually didn't hear bachira, yes. 

wait- mung beans? wasn't he supposed to be cooking rice?!

isagi blinked and looked down at the rice cooker pot in his hand. why was the rice.. green? must have been the lack of sleep. 

the two were in the isagi residence's kitchen, with isagi tasked to cook rice and bachira eating some of mama isagi's homemade brownies in the kitchen counter. 

kunigami went in the residence with food in his hand. "mom cooked too much food so she's giving these out." he went automatically to the dining room of the household and put the food. 

"my, my! thank you kunigami! i'll go get some seaweed for you all really quick!" isagi's mom shouted from one of the rooms. while waiting, the ginger walked to the kitchen and decided to watch bachira and isagi with what they were doing. 

"wait. isagi.. why are you washing mung beans and not rice?" 

isagi's eyes widened, "no! it's definitely.. oh shit." 

bachira peeked into isagi's work and laughed. "what?? HAHAHA"  isagi panicked. "oh god, i swear i got the rice from the sack, and oh my god!" 

"isagi hurry up you've been massaging the rice for five minutes i think it's enough!" isagi's mom once again comments from somewhere in the house. kunigami and bachira both look at isagi, the latter not afraid to hold out a mind blowing laugh which sounded more like a bird dying. 

isagi irks, "oh, come on! don't just look at me!" 

kunigami backs away defensively, "i was actually just leaving-"

"no, oh my god, kunigami please just throw away these beans for me." 

"are you kidding me?! throw?! you literally did nothing to spoil them just put them in a container and cook them one day!" bachira exclaimed. man, the dude didn't like beans to that extent, but he defended beans like his life depended on it.

as if on cue, a loud object falling was heard from outside, followed by unnecessarily loud gasps. "uh, do you hear that, isagi? trouble is calling!" kunigami scratched the back of his head and ran out the house. 

bachira looked at isagi, who had stared at him with some sort of determination. 

"oh, no isagi. you know damn well about that time i tried to cook rice and the rice cooker exploded. you know very well that time i tried to use a washing machine and the hose somehow broke-" 

"bachira, please go." 

to bachira's surprise (and disappointment), isagi wanted him out. 

and for the most obvious reasons- bachira was that kid who knew nothing but play. his mom being a single parent, she had let him off the leash for quite a long time. that didn't mean that bachira didn't have morals but he was very close to the line of 'very useless human being'. 

during the early pandemic, bachira would be known as a ghoster. he was actually very expressive and social in the online calls, and the group chats, but when it came to actual work, groupworks, and such, bachira disappeared. 

isagi never had to wonder why. 

bachira tried to speak but he realized he himself was speaking shit about himself so, very contradicting. "well! i'll join the havoc outside! see ya!" 

isagi immediately put back the beans into wherever they came from and cooked rice quickly.  

which he regretted so much after. 

"i wonder who cooked the rice, it's so hard! obviously lacking in water, and the bottom is even burnt. i mean, i like it burnt but this is too much!" isagi's mother commented, while slowly turning to look at isagi. everyone else in the table followed suit. 

author's note: lutang moments HAHA it means literally in my language to float but it can also mean not thinking straight or being confused !! this was very short for (un)obvious reasons but yes !!

i can't believe the year is coming to an end so soon, i feel like my 2022 was so unproductive 😭