Prologue

"With the overwhelming result of 3-1, DT beats INF and becomes our 20xx World Champion!"

"DT! DT! DT!"

Even though the caster shouted at the top of his lungs, his voice was nonetheless drowned by the deafening cheer from the crowd.

Fu Yue stood motionless as he watched the live broadcast on his phone. His eyes lowered to cover up the emotions that were brewing inside them.

Had he endured the pain just for a bit longer, would the outcome have changed?

The moment this thought resurfaced in his mind, Fu Yue laughed in self-mockery.

No.

The right thing to do is to stop feeding himself with delusion.

That dream… is long gone.

Ignoring the aching pain in his left wrist, Fu Yue wordlessly glanced at the comment section which was filled with curses and insults toward him.

[I told you to switch out 404 at the beginning of the year! See? Now he can't even play because of his so-called injury! Disgusting!]

[If you know that you can no longer play then quit! Why bother dragging the team down?!]

[Retire!]

[Retire!]

[Retire!]

Seeing those ugly words, Fu Yue showed no sign of being affected as if he had already anticipated this outcome.

Seems like it is time for him to leave the stage.

Just as Fu Yue was about to put his phone away, a call suddenly came through.

The caller was none other than his coach who might have just received the news that he hadn't returned to their hotel yet.

Fu Yue swiped the screen and answered the call. As he hadn't spoken in a long time, his voice became somewhat hoarse, "Yes, Coach."

The Coach immediately reproached, "We are going back early in the morning so why are yo-"

"I wish to be alone for a while." Fu Yue cut in.

The Coach instantly quietened down the moment he took notice of his soft voice devoid of usual cheerfulness.

Tiredly rubbing the space between his eyebrows, he gave a light sigh, "Don't stay outside for too long."

Having gotten his permission, Fu Yue issued a faint Mn in return. The call disconnected but he remained still in his spot.

It was not until a tiny snowflake suddenly landed on the tip of his nose did he snap out of his daze.

"Wow, it is snowing!"

Laughter mixed with excitement erupted from his surroundings as everyone gradually slowed down their pace and looked toward the dark sky.

Fu Yue slightly tilted his head up and slowly reached out his right hand to catch the tiny snowflake. The white mist came out of his mouth as he exhaled sharply.

Under the steep lamps, countless white dots glimmered and danced along the chilly breeze while descending toward the bare ground.

Similar but at the same time different from how the rain poured from the sky.

The first snowfall has finally arrived.

Silently watching the snowflakes turn into tiny water drops on his palm, Fu Yue felt a bit melancholic.

He has always adored winter.

From the pure white scenery down to the cold air along with the refreshing scent of winter, he likes them all.