32 - Love Language

Chris
Question of the Day

Alexa chuckled at his brief text, rubbing her eye, still trying to fully wake up as she stood in the kitchen. It was a little after 7:30 and she had just woken up not too long ago. She waited not so patiently for her Keurig to lightly spew coffee into the free mug she had gotten from the gym when they first moved here.

The smell of fresh coffee permeated through the air as she pulled the now filled cup from under the nozzle and padded over to the fridge. Alexa dumped an absurd amount of caramel creamer into it, swirling it gently with a spoon before she walked with it, held tightly in her hoodie covered hand, as she slowly sat down on the couch.

Alexa
Well good morning to you too.

Chris
Hi. Yes. Good morning.
Okay. QOTD time.

Alexa
Okay, shoot.

Chris
Idk if you can handle this one.
It's pretty serious.

Alexa
Oh god. Okay.

Alexa curled her legs up close to her chest, drowning a bit in her oversized hoodie that she would never dream of getting rid of, even if it was from senior year of high school. She sipped on her cooled down coffee as she waited for Chris to reply.

Chris
What is one thing that instantly makes your day better?

Oh wow. This one was a little more in-depth. She was expecting something simple, like a favorite animal, or favorite movie. What does make my day better? Well, obviously talking to him. But I can't just go saying that, now, can I.

She tried to think back to times that she was utterly happy because of something that happened. She sipped her coffee, thinking quietly and she eventually thought up a few different ideas, but one stuck out the most to her.

Alexa
Hmm. Idk.
It's silly.

Chris
Impossible. In the game of QOTD, there are no silly answers.

Alexa
Okay.
I love when someone can just read my mind?
Like If I'm trying to do something and someone else just, I don't know, does it?

Chris
Hmm. Elaborate?

Alexa
Like...if I'm walking behind the bar at work and I'm thinking 'man, I need to get those glasses out to the table.' And I see someone else walking by with them saying 'Don't worry, I got it.'

Chris
Sounds like someone has a very specific love language.

Why is this boy spouting off the word love in a sentence to me right now? Alexa stared at the phone in her hand, dumbfounded for a moment before she got brave and asked him what he was referencing.

Alexa
A what?

Chris
Never heard of the five love languages?

Alexa
I don't think so

There was about a minute of silence between them when another text came through. Chris sent her a link to a website that listed off the love languages and details about them. They were apparently things people can do that show you that they care about you.

Words of affirmation. Physical touch. Receiving gifts. Quality time. Acts of Service.

At first when Chris said 'love languages' Alexa immediately thought of relationships and what people who are together do. But she realized that the things and actions listed were all things that could be done by anyone in your life.