112 - Thai

The end of December and the rest of January flew by in the blink of an eye, yet the chill of the February air still nipped at Alexa's cheeks as she walked down the street. She had her hands tucked into her coat pockets and her scarf wrapped tightly around her neck.

Her calf-high boots splashed in the slush along the sidewalk as she rounded the corner and walked into door of the small market. She grabbed a basket and started wandering the aisles. Valentine's Day was in a few days and Alexa wanted to try to put together something special for Chris after all they had dealt with for the last year.

She decided she wanted to try her hand at baking a cake. She hadn't honestly made one in probably a decade, but she was up for the challenge. She made her way to the baking aisle and picked up the things she would need. It was also convenient, she thought, that period week was right around the corner, because a chocolate cake sounded amazing right about now.

When she headed to the check out, her phone pinged in her bulky pocket. She pulled it out to see that her package had arrived and was waiting in the lobby. It made the butterflies in her stomach start fluttering and she couldn't help the wave of excitement that coursed through her.

She had ordered a new set of lingerie to surprise Chris with for the occasion alongside her baked goods. She knew Chris was going to be out for the majority of the day, so she didn't fret too much about beating him home to grab the package.

She took her time, finding a few more groceries they needed, definitely making sure to grab some midol to help deal with the cramps she had been dealing with throughout the morning, and headed for the check out. As she emptied her basket onto the conveyor belt, Alexa could feel eyes on her. She wasn't sure where or why, but she felt like someone was watching her.

She turned to slyly look over her shoulder but didn't see anyone acting unusual. She tried to shake off the feeling as the cashier greeted her and started scanning her items. She wasn't sure if it was that nervous feeling, but her whole body felt warm. She shook off the thought when she remembered that she had felt warm in general pretty much all week.

She finished checking out and started to head towards the exit. She jumped a smidge when someone tapped her on the shoulder. Alexa whipped around and saw a familiar face just a few feet away.

"Hi."

"O-oh my god. Hi!" Alexa said, closing the gap between her and Kelly, pulling her in for a hug, "How are you?"

"I'm great. Really great. How have you been?"

"I've honestly been really good," Alexa said with a soft smile, running her hand through her hair.

"You know, I had to get a new phone and lost all my numbers, so I never got to tell you..." Kelly started.

Alexa cocked her head a bit in confusion.

"A few days after Richard..you know.." Kelly continued, and Alexa nodded, "I quit."

"You quit?"

Kelly nodded, "I couldn't believe they did that to you. After all the amazing things you had done for that company, and during one of the worst moments of your life..." Kelly shook her head, still as if she was shocked by it happening even though it was months ago.

"I couldn't stay with a company that could do that to someone. So...I left. And I opened my own studio."

"Really? That's amazing!"

"It's taken a bit to get it off the ground, but I've finally got a steady crew of people that come for classes. Honestly a lot of the girls are ones we had in class...they were just as upset about what happened to you."