Chapter 64 - Recover

Warnings: flirting, recovery, profanity/bad words, and friendship.

Your POV

It has been almost two weeks and Tanjiro's back wound is still very tender as you clean and add new onitment. He holds very still letting you work. Tanjiro attempts to act brave but he occasionally whimpers.

"Sorry." I am trying to be gentle.

"Oh I am... fine." He says while holding back another whimper. Trying to look tough in front of you. Taking in a deep breath as you add fresh bandages.

 Taking in a deep breath as you add fresh bandages

"I really appreciate your help." Tanjiro grabs your hand and gently kisses the inside of your wrist.
"I love you."

"I love you, too. I have been cleared to begin recovery training, starting today."

"Then I better hurry and heal this wound. We can get stronger together." He says leaning forward to kiss your forehead. Tanjiro has started working on total concentration breathing.

"I also plan to start training with a Hashira... if they accept me."

"I am proud of you, y/n-chan."

Together you walk back to the recovery room and find flowers all over the floor and an interesting sight.

"What is happening?" Tanjiro asks seeing his sweet demon sister and Zentisu kneeling on the ground together. Flower crowns in both of their hair.

Zenitsu blushes while smiling, "Oh, Tanjiro-Kun~ We are having lots of fun!"

They are so adorable!

"Please.. never say my name that way again."

"I wanted to cheer Nezuko up... since she can not go outside during the day. I believe she misses
seeing the beauty of flowers... I wanted to bring her that joy." Zentisu confesses.

That is so thoughtful!

He smiles as he puts another flower into Nezuko's hair. You lightly elbow Tanjiro, "It is just fun. Wait where is Inosuke?"