Chapter 2

Claw leaped on top of Vole's head with a pounce. "I caught my prey!" he grinned.
Vole let out a amused purr. "Oh noooo I'm dead, what should I ever doooo..."

Vole carefully dropped her head, having Claw drop right into her front paws. He giggled as he felt his mom's soft tongue grooming his fur. "Enough play time, it's time for sleep time."
Claw whined, trying to push her muzzle away. "Nooooo, I don't wanna!"

Claw scrambled over her paws and tried to climb over her belly, but was stopped by her tail.
"Will you go to sleep if I tell you a story?" Vole purred.
Claw turned his head around, and curled his legs underneath. "Yeah, yeah! Tell me a story!"

Vole looked thoughtful. "What story would you like to hear?"
Claw lashed his tail excitedly. "Ooo! Ooo! Can you tell me about the Clans?"

Vole frowned. She was quiet for a moment before speaking, "...Are you sure, dear? Your father wouldn't like it if he knew I told you."
Claw tilted his head. "Why not? Does dad not like stories?"
Vole shook her head. "It's hard to explain, but alright, I'll tell you."

Vole smiled. "There are four Clans, ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, and WindClan. They live by their great warrior code, telling them what's right or wrong, and dedicate their lives towards them. They make sure they're kits or elders always get to be fed first before any cat. They're territories are the most beautiful thing you could ever see. I hope you might see it one day, the sights there are the most beautiful in the world."

"Really?" Claw mewed in awe.
Vole nodded, "Absolutely. You know, maybe one day, I can show you it."
Claw excitedly lashed his tail. "I can't wait!"

As Claw could feel his tiredness get to him, Claw looked up at her. "Hey mom?"
"Yes, sweetie?"
"I love you."
Vole groomed his forehead. "I love you too, so, so much."

"Promise we'll always stay together?"
"Promise," Vole nuzzled her head towards Claw as he finally shut his eyes.