DxD My Body is Made of Blades #1 Hill of Swords

"𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕪, 𝕞𝕪 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕗𝕒𝕕𝕖. ℍ𝕖𝕣 𝕧𝕠𝕚𝕔𝕖, 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 – 𝕀 𝕞𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕒𝕤 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝. 𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟, 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣."

Shirou POV

Swords, so many swords. I walked through the endless barren wasteland, where nothing but an infinite number of blades surrounded me. Each blade I passed carried a weight of history, their memories etched themselves into my mind. Nevertheless I kept walking and walking until my eyes finally fell upon a tall hill. A smile formed on my face finally a place to rest my weary legs.

Climbing up the hill of swords, memories of the passing blades flashed before me. One showed an image of a knight in white and red armor, locked in combat with another knight donning silver armor. Another displayed a blue-haired boy tirelessly training with a woman wielding twin red spears. Yet another depicted a husband forging twin blades for his king, only to be executed for withholding the second sword. His soul became one with the blade. These twin blades held no special purpose or significance.

After a strenuous climb, I finally made it to the top while breathing heavily. I kneeled over from exhaustion suddenly I felt multiple sharp feelings pierce me all over. It was like being whipped consecutively but with an everlasting sting I looked over to the horizon.

Forevermore my soul, my life, and my body would always be of infinite swords a forge to achieve a failed ideal that could never come true I thought for one final moment before disappearing from the realm of swords.

My eyes snapped open, and I woke up with a gasp damn that was the third time this week I thought with a hint of annoyance. I stood up and went towards the bathroom for a shower I tossed my shirt and pants into the laundry basket and then turned to look at my reflection.

What was once long red hair had now turned completely white. My eyes had transformed into a piercing steel gray, and my skin had taken on a tan reminiscent of Archer's. I sighed, feeling miserable about the changes.

Now, you might be wondering who I am. My name is Shirou Emiya, or rather, another version of him. In my timeline, Emiya Shirou wasn't betrayed by his ideals like Archer. No, Shirou Emiya was betrayed by his own inability to protect those dear to him.

That's right I am a Shirou Emiya who has suffered the loss of everyone close to him Rin, Sakura, Saber, Illya, Kiritsugu, and Irisviel all because of my own weakness.

I was too weak to prevent the darkness from consuming Artoria. Too weak to save Sakura from that vile creature, Zouken. Too weak to shield Rin from the relentless barrage of swords. Too weak to stop Kirei from killing both Kiritsugu and Irisviel and too weak to halt the transformation of Illya turning into the lesser grail.

All I could do during those times was stand dumbfounded as their deaths unfolded right before my eyes, with nothing but my own swords as witnesses. By the end of the war I had managed to project Excalibur while not as potent as the original it was more than enough to obliterate the grail.

After that I remember weakly walking home to rest from the aftermath of the battle and started training endlessly to try and correct my weakness starting with the Emiya crest that I had inherited from Kiritsugu, I then moved on to reinforcement, tracing along with projection, hand to hand combat, modern weaponry, alteration, and finally my reality marble unlimited blade works.

Once I felt satisfied with my progress, I became a freelancer, saving people from vampires and the occasional phantasmal beasts. I intervened in troubled countries attempting to solve their conflicts but, in the end it hardly mattered.  I met my demise, my neck snapped from hanging much like my Archer counterpart. 

When Alaya's offered me her contract I was quick to deny her and with me denying her contract I had expected to move on to whatever heaven awaited me to go see my loved ones, but it never happened I was stuck in the darkness for so long until I finally woke up in some kind of alley way.

-Flashback-

I looked left and right before slowly touching my neck how I thought in shock and ever so slowly I walked out of the alley looking at the streets that had multiple cars and the people walking by without paying me a single glance.

I leaped up on top of a building noticing how small the place I was in it didn't look like a city if anything it looked like a small town my stomach suddenly interrupted my thoughts with a loud rumble, I released a sigh I should probably go find someplace to eat after all hunger is the enemy in a battle in this case not so much but with my cursed E-rank luck who knows what could happen.

-end of start-

Alright so that's the start of the fanfic where a version of Shirou Emiya loses everyone he knows and trains to get stronger eventually dying the same way as Archer except Shirou doesn't accept Alaya's contract at the end of his life he somehow ends up in a small town which you all may know already. This also told from Shirou's flashback perspective.

This version of Shirou can use UBW, hand to hand, modern weaponry, time alter, still has Avalon and can use origin bullets because he traced it before he died, he can also shift the bullets into an origin sword.