3. Who's that Mysterious Girl?

JESSICA WALIA

"Guess what happened?" I asked Anjali with my long face.

"You got the Job," Anjali said plainly, sipping her coffee. And I looked at her with wide eyes.

"How did you know?" I asked her in a surprised tone and with an amazement expression.

"It's clearly showing in your face. No matter how much you tried to hide your happy face, the way your face is beaming with delight like the first full moon anyone can say that you got the job just by looking at your face." She said and chuckled.

"By the way, congrats my lioness." Placing the coffee mug on the counter she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug and congratulated me.

"I knew that you would nail it this time." She pulled away and held me by my shoulder. " Well, you were so confident last night telling me that you will definitely grab this opportunity and will give your best. And you proved it. Hard work never goes in vain.

"But I was so worried after I got myself in that accident. I thought I lost this job. I only felt relieved when you told me in the morning that the interview got postponed for some serious matter. And I'm thankful to Lord that he gave me the chance this time. And I will definitely give my best at my job too." I told her honestly while smiling brightly.

"How are your wounds now?" Anjali asked, staring at my covered arms.

"It's healing. But I'm afraid that it would leave a big scar on my skin for my whole life." I said with a sad face but I don't regret saving that young lady a little bit. I felt proud thinking that a person is alive today because of me.

"Don't worry, you can hide it with concealer when it is fully healed. Then you don't have to wear this full-sleeve shirt." She chuckled while saying that. She was eyeing me from head to toe.

"What are you even wearing, girl? Is it an official dress? I'm amazed that they even selected you after seeing your condition." She made a horrified expression while saying that and her words reminded me of what happened to me since morning till now.

"Don't even ask, Anji. You don't know how I spent the whole day till now." I narrated to her the whole thing in detail except that fortune teller lady and I saw her eyes go so wide that they would come out of their sockets.

"You threw money in his face?" She asked me and I nodded my head while squeezing my eyes. I know I'm in great trouble. No one needs to remind me of that. I'm well aware of my situation.

"Jessie, Jessie, Jessie. You are screwed. No one can save you from that Angry Arrogant Lion. You are doomed. Totally doomed. No one dares to talk back to him and you threw money in his face? You are really a walking troublemaker." Anji said, making a horrified face. She was making me more scared.

"I know he's an arrogant jerk. And a powerful man. But he won't eat me alive, right? He's not a monster after all. He's also a human being like us." I tried to make myself feel better. But that girl was head over heels to make me hella scared with her words.

"Huhh! You don't know him, that's why you are saying this. Though he's not a monster who eats humans alive, he's not less than a Vampire. Cold nature likes them and sucks our blood." Fear squeezed the air from my lungs. And I swallowed hard.

"Don't scare me like this," I said, making a crying face.

Anjali placed her hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry, I believe you can tackle it bravely." My lips broke down but still, I gave her a nod.

"Okay, now I have to leave. Otherwise, you know….." She flew from there in a blink of an eye leaving me with a great dilemma.

I was well aware that in what situation I have put myself into this time. I have no other choice but to accept this job. Even if he made me work like a dog. I'm willing to do so. This time nothing is more important than money. I badly needed money. And for that, if I have to work 24/7, I'm ready.