12. Announcement

3rd Person POV:

Harry woke up to sudden heat. He was concious, and he's hot. He was still for a few seconds, still tired to even move. He rubbed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then that's when it hit him.

Draco was behind him. Much closer, and very much facing his way. His hands were nowhere on or touching Harry though. But every other part was. His legs, chest and his arm. Draco was snuggled up on Harry. Draco's hands are under his own neck, nuzzling them together to warm them.

He tries to wiggle his way free, but that just seemed to make them a lot more closer. He then decided to just fall off the bed. Even though if it meant getting slammed on the floor and waking Draco up in the process. And so he did.

Thud.

Harry winces and groans. Draco jolted awake. As he was sitting down on the bed, with the blankets covering his legs, he tilted down, and saw Harry.

"How on earth did you fall off the bed?"

He says, not even bothering laughing even though he would've if he didn't just woke up to the blinding sunlight, a quick sharp pain and a loud thud. What a wonderful start of a beautiful day.

"I'm okay. Thank you soooo much for your concern."

Harry says sarcastically while rolling his eyes as he gets up. Draco laughs.

"Quite funny. I'm not even sure how I ended up in your side of the bed. Perhaps you woke me up in such a shocking way I jumped to the sound."

Harry rolls his eyes. He can be brilliant but also be a fool sometimes.

"Sure."

Idiot. Harry thought. As he tries to walk off as Draco pulls Harry's waistband.

"Alright, alright hold on. Don't walk away just yet. We don't want to be in the hospital wing first thing in the morning, do we?"

Draco says tiredly reminding him about the bond. Harry yet again rolls his eyes. Draco sleepily gets out of the bed removing the covers surrounding him and followed Harry to the bathroom.

Once all is fresh, Harry says while doing his tie

"Dumbledore's asked for us in the Great Hall today. I forgot to mention it to you."

"Forgot you're literally glued to me, Potter?"

Draco says in annoyance. He didn't want to see the old man. Or face the public. Harry gave him a quick glare

"Don't be such a crank, Malfoy. It's an announcement. About us. It might be about this. We both want out."

"That, we do."

Draco said as he put on his coat while Harry was waiting by the door.

Hermione's POV:

"Ron, quickly! Dumbledore's asked for all students of Hogwart's presence and it's told to be important. I just know this is about Harry."

"Duh, Hermione. The news is all over the school. Hell, the newspaper's probably printing by now."

Ron said. They were headed to the Great Hall in a rush. As soon as they went to their according seats, I think of where Malfoy and Harry might have to sit. There's too many people surrounding the tables.

Right on cue, Dumbledore came in the Great Hall the same time Harry and Malfoy did. Dumbledore came from the teacher's entrence though. But everyone's eyes were on them. To the audience, they were oddly very close. Shoulder to shoulder.

Whispers can be heard passing from student to student. Malfoy looks confident and Harry looks fierce as ever. This is the first time I've seen him that fierce. He was always afraid of the public.

But maybe today changes that. Maybe he wanted or needed to show them that he's in control of the situation and, literally in control of the wizarding world. He is putting quite a show.

"Attention, students."

Dumbledore was starting the annoucement, but my eyes were on Harry. I'm worried for him. I know him. I can see his worry and curiousity behind the charade. He doesn't know what Dumbledore's about to say.

"Rumours has spread and it's important you do not take this lightly. An incident accured which led to Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Harry Potter unfortunately left bonded by an unknown witch or wizard. They've been cursed. I ask all of you not to touch them, not even slightly as it bears them pain to be touched by any other than each other. Seatings at this Hall are arranged for them to sit together with their friends, as per their decision, Slytherin or Gryffindor but with protective charm casted around them. Classes will start tomorrow as usual, and I hope all of you can understand what situation they're in and emphasize. The hunt for the mystery caster has started a week ago, and so far there are no signs of anything."

That was the end of it. Harry's face was frozen. Draco's was unfazed.

Harry's POV:

I should've known. Of course this curse won't be lifted up so easily. But don't usually aurors catch people easily? Less than a week. Why is it taking so long? Why are they so hard to catch?

I look at Malfoy as he look at me. His eyebrows were furrowed, frustrated like I was.

"I'll talk to him after breakfast."

He nods. Both of them head to the Gryffindor's table for today as per Harry's request.

We sit infront of Ron and Hermione. Ron seemed to be hanging his head low and Hermione seems cheerful. She smiles at him.

"Are you alright, Harry?"

She knows something is bothering him.

"No, it's about Dumbledore. I don't really want to get into it."

Harry played with his food and shut the topic down. Hermione sighs sadly. Malfoy took nothing more than bread and tea. Luna comes along.

"Hello, Draco."

"Good morning Luna."

Malfoy greets her back as I look at him in confusion

"You guys are on first names basis?"

Malfoy responded.

"Yes. We rather got along well during school breaks. She'd come to the Malfoy Manor for some cookies and to meet my mother."

Jealousy creeps up to me but I try to keep it down because it's my best friend, Luna. Jealousy was a disgusting feeling. And she's friends with everyone. Her being friends with Malfoy doesn't mean anything. I don't even know why I'm so upset about this.

"I see. Well it's nice to know you're getting along well with at least one of my friends."

I look at Ron. I don't blame him for getting angry at me but I also want him to give peace a try.