19

JUNGKOOK POV

The Uber ridewas quiet as I thought back to the confrontation with Tae at the club.

I couldn't believe the arrogant jerk was his best friend but I had no desire to come between them.

That was never my intention to begin with and I still wouldn't do that even after meeting the asshole.

If the shoe were on the other foot and Jimin tried to come between Jin and me... I wouldn't be able to stand it because I was well aware of how much I leaned on Jimin.

It would be fucked up to ask Jimin to ditch Tae when I really knew nothing about their friendship.

One thing was for sure, Jin would never behave that way towards Jimin.

Even though Tae clearly despised me on sight, he hadn't even given me a chance.

I tried not to let that hurt me but it did.

I wanted the people in Jimin's life to like me.

I sighed and fished out my phone from my pocket and looked at it.

And everything, I hadn't realized the service in the club was non-existent, fuck!

And I had told Ash to call if she needed anything.

Suddenly as I unlocked my phone, several texts poured in.

The last few reading, please call me. I looked at my watch.

The texts spanned from thirty minutes to an hour ago.

I dialed up Ash's number.

It rang once, then a second time.

Finally, at the third ring, she answered. "H...hello..."

"Ash, I'm so sorry I missed the calls and texts."

"I'm about five minutes from the house, Did you need something?"

I realized how silly that question was Obviously, she needed something.

"I...I... oh, I tried to call you, I'm so sorry we're...we're at the hospital. Can you please hurry?"

The blood drained from my face.

Hospital? "Excuse me, sir!" I hollered up to the front seat.

"Change of plans, Get me to the hospital. Now please hurry!" I turned back to the conversation.

"What's going on? Who's in the hospital? What happened?"

I tried to keep the panic from my voice but even I could hear it wasn't working.

"Th...Theo. He started to run a fever and then he had a seizure and I didn't know what to do."

"Give me that phone!"

Hazel's voice came through loud and sharp and I fell back against the seat.

"Well, how nice of you to call us when your nephew is running a fever of over 102. Do you know what a fever can do to a baby?"

"You should be ashamed of yourself, Utterly appalling."

"He was in good hands, Hazel." I argued. "We trust Ash."

"She's a child." Hazel hissed.

I clamped down on my tongue.

Why did she even have to be bothered?

"We're turning into the parking lot now, I'll be right there."

"In the ER, right?"

She huffed. "There's no need for you to show up now."