[ 06 ] the lost eye

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

*ੈ⸝⸝⚔️˗ˏˋ CHAPTER SIX ࿐ྂ

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❝ she has the same strong temper

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❝ she has the same strong temper. ❞┊˚͙۪۪̥◌

━━━━━━━━━━━ DAENA STOOD NEXT TO AEMOND as the maester sewed up his eye, the sight making her frown. She held his hand, and every time he squeezed hers in pain, she held it even tighter. She felt immense proudness for the younger boy as he did not show any pain, nor did he flinch once.

"How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers," Viserys drawled, his eyes loopy and tired.

"The princes were supposed to be abed, My King," the guard responded, looking ashamed.

"Who had the watch?" Viserys questioned, his voice turning colder.

"Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace," Ser Criston mumbled, not holding back when it came to someone who was not apart of Alicent's family.

"You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!" The King stood up from the old wooden throne, his balance slightly off.

"I'm very sorry, Your Grace," the older guard mumbled, while as Cole couldn't help but to open his mouth again.

"The kingsguard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace," he stated bitterly, but was cut off by Viserys' yell of rage.

"That is no answer!" Viserys got up and walked closer to the guard, his own almost red with rage.

"It will heal, will it not, maester?" Alicent looked over to the old man, who in Daena's opinion was doing a shitty job. The man's hands were trembling as he held the needle to Aemond's lost eye, and the sewing could also be steadier and better. Daena's eyebrow rose in critisism, and she could see that the wound wouldn't heal properly. It would leave a red nasty scar, while if a proper maester would have done this, it could've ended up clean and with very minimal scarring. She wondered what Aemond was going to look like with his scar.

"The flesh will heal." The maester started as he held Aemond's cheek, while trying to stitch it together. Daena watched in sorrow as her uncle whimpered and scrunched his face in pain, the shock and adrenaline wearing off. "But the eye is lost, Your Grace." Alicent took a shaky breath and swallowed, while as Viserys only looked down and sighed.

Daena's stomach dropped, and she looked over at Aemond in worry. He didn't seem to have a reaction, but she could see the sadness over his lost eye in the remaining one. She frowned, and when Aemond turned his gaze towards her, she could see that something had changed. Daena didn't like the amount of coldness she saw in his only eye. She knew her uncle to be extremely petty, and so she knew that he wouldn't let this go. Ever.