𝟎𝟎𝟒: connection

note that the second generation (alicent and rhaenyra's children) has been aged up in this fanfic! act ii will take place between episodes 7 and 8, meaning that the teens won't stay the same age throughout this act. i will provide a list of ages for each chapter.

 i will provide a list of ages for each chapter

CHAPTER FOUR
connection

CHAPTER FOURconnection

FOUR YEARS LATER ...

jacaerys.

"NO DAMAGE TO THE FACE," Colin reminded him, because Princess Rhaenyra had been very clear on that, and so had the master-at-arms.

"I know," Jacaerys said, rolling his eyes. "I'm not going to punch you in the face, Colin."

"You've already broken that promise once before," Colin teased, grinning when Jace's face turned red.

"That was an accident," the Prince mumbled, "and I thought we agreed to never talk about it."

"No, you just demanded that I never mention it."

"Which you're purposefully choosing to ignore."

"Well, you did give me a nosebleed."

"I was eight!"

Colin chuckled, loosening his stance. "A very feisty eight-year-old, going around assaulting your mother's wards."

Jacaerys' eyes grew wide. "You told me to stop holding back!" he sputtered. "What did you expect would happen?"

Colin, who was very clearly having the time of his life, laughed helplessly as Jace's face glowed brighter. "Well, I didn't expect you to nearly break my nose."

"And now I'm tempted to do it again," the Prince grumbled, bringing his defences up. "Are you going to stand there all day, or...?"