𝟎𝟎𝟔: power

Warning: semi-explicit content, implied underage
consensual sex. (nothing major but you can pretty
much tell what's going on)

 (nothing major but you can prettymuch tell what's going on)

CHAPTER SIX
power

CHAPTER SIXpower

colin.

IT WAS WELL WITHIN THE EVENING when Colin finally gathered the courage to confront him. The moon was long past its highest point, and most guests had left long ago, with the exceptions of some dear friends to the Princess Rhaenyra.

If someone were to ask him if waiting this long had anything to do with thoroughly embarrassing himself in front of a large audience, Colin's next best response would be something along the lines of 'What? That's crazy.'

Aemond was a soldier: observing from the sidelines, shadowed in the candlelight. He wore an eyepatch, now, where his eye should be. Colin felt a sudden surge of guilt, uncomfortable in his own skin.

"Hello," he greeted, leaning against the wall next to Prince Aemond, which was not a very good move on his part.

Aemond seemed to agree, for he looked him up and down once, then turned his attention elsewhere. He did not say a thing.

"The silent, brooding type, got it," Colin said, then wanted to smack himself over the head with a fucking sword. "Um," he continued, and Aemond sighed. "It looks good. The patch, I mean... Very intimidating, if I'm honest."

The Prince glanced sideways, unconvinced. "Is this supposed to be concession or a compliment?"

"Neither," Colin shrugged. "A fact. Or rather, a white flag."

Aemond looked seconds away from laughing, eyebrows knotting together, followed by a mean little tremor of his mouth, a smirk rising upon his face as if he might just grab the nearest knife and make things even. As if Colin might be out of his mind for even suggesting the possibility of peace. It wiped the smile clean off Colin's expression, had his stomach rolling with dread, had him clumsily backtracking his words.