Chapter 4

"Hiya, Alex!" Pip brought their usual energy with them into the room, and Ranboo could've swore he saw a few people smile.

"Hey, Pip. Your new buddy here suggested that we let you join a meetin', see how you do." Pip nodded, plopping down and pulling out a pen from their pocket. "What are you doin', kid?"

"Drawing," Pip answered simply, sketching something on a piece of paper. Ranboo sat down next to them, watching them draw. They started from the bottom, drawing a backpack with two handles on either side, then moved up to draw something resembling a parachute. They shook their head, crumpling the paper up and starting again on a different sheet. A few people stepped forward and sat down next to them, mesmerized by the kid's skills.

"Oh come on, they're just drawing! What's the big deal?" Andromeda asked, sounding irritated. She pushed through the people, crossing her arms and squatting down to watch Pip. She went silent, her mouth in a small 'o' shape as she too got lost in the way the pen moved on the paper.

Alexander waited patiently in his spot, and as soon as Pip developed a worthy drawing, they stood up, walking over to him. "Here you go, Alex! See, I like to eavesdrop, and I hear you guys talking about parachutes a lot. We have a lot of spare cloth in one of the rooms, and I mean a lot. So, we use that, tie it in the corners with these ropes that you see here, and use a puller system to activate it. That way it only activates if you need it.

"To save the cloth we have so that we don't overuse it and not have enough, we should have two people per parachute, and only two, that way one can hold the other. The held person should be in charge of activating the puller if the holder isn't able to." Pip paused. "Does that make sense? I might have-"

"Pip, kid, this is brilliant!" Alexander swooped the kid up, giving them a hug. "How long do you think it would take to make all of 'em?"

"For around 50, it would take a week, maybe a week and a half."

"You hear that, everyone? We're leavin' this bloody joint!"

Cheers erupted from the people in the room, people giving Ranboo hugs, though they weren't sure why- All he had done was suggest that Pip could help. Still, they awkwardly accepted the hugs, patting the people's backs.

"Ranboo?"

"Yeah, Pip?"

They rolled over on the bed, looking down at him. Ranboo had told them that he would take the floor, since given their height they wouldn't have fit on the bed unless they were curled up in an uncomfortable position anyways. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"I mean, you convinced Alex to let me join the meeting, and I got to share a way out." They sighed. "I'm gonna miss my mom and dad, though."

"What were they like, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well, my mom was really nice and smart. She always had a piece of advice, and even though I didn't necessarily agree with her all of the time, I still respect how wise she was. Then there was my dad. He was really good at drawing, so he showed me how to draw at a young age.

"Then the news broke out. I think they were trying to hold themselves back, but when the people started crowding at the capital, they joined, telling me to meet them there. Instead I packed my bags and left, wandering the paths. That's when I found Alex, and he led me here." They rubbed their eyes with the heels of their hands. "So, yeah. Alex tells me not to worry too much about them, that they chose their own route and I choose mine, but it's kinda hard not to be scared for them." They shook their head. "What about your parents, Ranboo? What were they like?"

"My mom just followed whatever my dad said most of the time. I never had a strong relationship with them, I guess." He shrugged, fiddling with his hands. "I get the worrying, though. I left before they did, not really wanting to be stuck cowering in the house with them, which is most likely what they're doing right now. They chose their route, I chose mine."

"But isn't getting scared weak?"

They looked up at Pip. "I don't think getting scared about those things makes you weak, Pip. It's more than normal to be scared in the situation we're in right now, I'd probably run away from you if you weren't scared."

"Do you think Alex is scared?"

"I bet he is." They paused. "I think Alexander is just really good at hiding his fear. He kind of has to in order to be a leader to all of us. But you know what?"

"What?"

"I bet Alexander worries a lot, just like you, Pip. Maybe not for the same reasons, but think about it. He's got all of us to look after, it can't be easy on him."

"Yeah, that makes sense."

Ranboo reached up, ruffling Pip's shoulder length hair. "I'm glad it does. I'm going to catch some shut eye, but wake me up if you need anything, okay?"

"Don't worry, I will." Pip grinned mischievously.

Ranboo snorted. "Goodnight, Pip."

"Night, Ranboo."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

OMG IS THAT ANOTHER CHAPTER???

This one I wrote and since I had already uploaded two chapters I decided to put it off, and then since I'm starting on chapter 5 I figured I would upload this one... 🤭

I hope you enjoyed it! Remember to eat something and drink water, I hope you have an awesome rest of your day. :)