Chapter 1- Kicked Out

Song Suggestion- Someone Like you-Adele

Quinn Miller's POV:

I was at my dance studio- Level Up Studios- and everything was going fine.

I almost had the money to pay the bill from last month. My instructor, Becka, is secretly giving me extensions. She knows that my family is gone.

I was stretching and practicing my lyrical solo for tomorrow when the owner of the studio, Layla, burst into the room. I was alone. She is ignorant and strict and rude.

Her face was beet red. "You haven't payed your bill yet Quinn." She said, voice laced with anger.

"I should have enough by after the competition I swear." I said trying to calm myself down.

She raised and eyebrow and laughed angrily. "You've been doing this for weeks now, I see." She said. Just then, Becka walked in smiling at me, until her smile dropped when she saw Layla holding the papers.

"Layla I can ex-" Becka started, only to be cut off by Layla saying, "Rebecca, you're fired." I stood up and said, "Layla please don't fire her" she turned to me and chuckled saying, "Oh don't you worry Quinn, you're being kicked out of this dance company. Find somewhere else you can afford." She said as the three papers at me.

I started tearing up as I grabbed my things, put my shoes on, and left.

Well Abby, looks like I'll be at work sooner.

(Italics are thoughts)

I took my bike, 👇

And started pedaling to the ALDC, since it was only a 12 minute walk from Level Up Studios to there

I put in my AirPods Abby gave me for my birthday last year, which is in three months.

I went to Spotify and pressed play on my playlist. My mind drifted off somewhere else but I didn't let it distract me from driving.

I finally arrived at the ALDC, seeing cars there. I walked into the reception area to see a couple of people sitting on the lounge chairs.

I walked up to the desk and noted my presence on the computer so I get payed more since the pay depends on time. I walked through the hallway and took out my AirPods and walked up to the door that read "Studio A" where I heard my cousin Abby yelling.

I opened the door where I heard the moms talking at their lounge and I walked through the room to the door that lead to the Studio.

(The layout is that where the door lead to, it lead to the moms lounge area since their lounge is up some stairs then at the bottom where Quinn is, the door that leads to the actual studio part is there and so is the door that leads to the girls lounge room and where they get ready and use the restroom.)

I peeked through the door, looking to see if Abby was busy. She looked over while watching a group dance and signaled me in. Abby is like my big sister. Nicer than an actual sister though.

I slowly opened the door and walked in, after taking my shoes off. I was wearing one of my favorite dance outfits.👇

But, since I was biking in Pittsburgh, I wore these clothes over it

But, since I was biking in Pittsburgh, I wore these clothes over it.👇

I walked in, my face had dried tears on it

I walked in, my face had dried tears on it. I walked in quietly so I didn't distract the girls from dancing.

I walked over to Abby and gave her a side-hug. She patted me on the back and then patted the space on the box next to her. (Idk what those boxes are that Abby sits on.)

I sat down and she leaned over and whispered, "Why are you so early?" I responded while watching the girls perform, noting the mistakes in my head. I learned that from Abby.

"Level Up kicked me out." I said. "Becka kicked you out?" She asked, her voice growing a little louder.

I shook my head and said, "Layla found out about me being late on like all of my bills. She fired Becka then kicked me out." I said still watching the girls.

Abby patted me on the back and asked, "Do you know where you can go?" I shook my head and said, "I still don't want to be here. The moms will think I'm being favored."

"I'm thinking about looking at studios online." I said to her. She nodded and said, "That would be best." I gave her one last hug and walked out to the reception area, putting my shoes back up and plopping myself into my chair which is next to Gia's.

Gia is also like my big sister. I gave her a hug before sitting down again and started typing into my computer.

Kelly Hyland's POV:
We saw a girl, around the age of 15, walk into the studio and sit next to Abby.

Holly paused from her rant about Abby and asked, "Who is that?" We looked down from behind our lounge which looked to the bottom of the stairs, looking for a mom. No sign of one.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I... don't know." I said. Jill took a sip of her coffee and said, "Maybe Abby brought in another new dancer." I rolled my eyes at the red head.

(Ik Jill and Kelly were barely in the show together but Idrc)

"Jill shut up you aren't even on the team yet." Christi said. I laughed quietly to myself.

Who is she?

A/N:
Ahhhh so at first this story started off as a Maddiex Quinn butttt I want it to be Brooke insteaddddd ahh it feels better. love you guys! Put more song suggestions in the comments!

Writer.3000