CHAPTER 14

When he got close to me, he took his handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to me.

"Pinagpapawisan ka naman kaagad. Punasan mo muna pawis mo, Nadeleine. Init, 'no?" Pinagpag niya ang uniform niya para magkaroon ng hangin sa loob niya.

I just did what he said, I wiped my sweat and looked at him who was staring at me. Naaarawan ang kalahati ng mukha niya kaya nakita ko 'yung color ng eyes niya, brown 'yon. Ang ganda. I came closer to his body and lifted his hair to look at his forehead and also wiped it because he is also sweaty and has dirt which is not very obvious. Kiel and I both looked up when someone called his name.

"Ral, phone mo." Nikki.

Next to Nikki were Jaethron and Fritz who were grinning and pushing each other. Kanina pa ba sila nariyan? Nakita ba nila 'yung ginawa ko?

"Sorry, may dumi," sabi ko kay Kiel at lumayo sa kaniya. Fritz came down and handed Kiel's phone that Kiel had forgotten. Bakit niya kaya nakalimutan? I just walked, leaving Kiel because he was talking to his friend. Saan na ba ako pupunta ngayon? Humigop ako sa milktea ko at napatingin kay Kiel na may dalang payong. "'Di ka babalik do'n?" I asked him.

"Where?"

"Nasa triple date ka, 'di ba?" I asked again, remembering the three girls with them. He just laughed at me.

"Kain tayo proben do'n," may tinuro siya kaya sumama ako sa kaniya. Pinapayungan niya ako dahil hindi pa mababa ang araw.

"Seriously, how did you become fluent in Tagalog especially since you are Japanese? Weird kasi, cringe. You're Japanese and you seem to know the Philippines better than me," I said while eating proben, my favorite! Kakatapos ko lang kumain pero feeling ko gutom pa rin ako, ang sarap talaga ng proben!

"I was born in Japan. But I studied here since elementary school, I simultaneously learned to be Filipino while learning how to speak and write Japanese. Then, I went to high school in Japan. After four years ng college ko rito, I don't know. I might stay here and go to med school," Kiel said while eating calamares. Sana. I hope he stays here if that's what's best for him. But I think he is more suited to Japan. Nevermind.

"Where's my car, by the way?"

"Condo. Gusto mo pumunta ro'n? Malapit lang. I don't have the key with me," tinapon na ni Kiel ang stick at cup. Siya na naman ang nagbayad.

"Okay," pumayag ako dahil ang sabi niya walking distance lang daw. "Your father ba, does he come home to your house? Or have a condo too?"

"In our house. Alam mo, you know a lot about my family. Uh, I don't want to ask you about yours,"

I laughed for a while because of what he said. Does he really want to know about my family? To be honest, I'm not very interested in talking about my family. I just do not like. But is he really interested in knowing about my family?

It's fine for me to tell him, I trust him. "My father, CEO of a law firm, you already know that. My mom, she's a prosecutor. Siblings? We're four, I'm the second. Kuya Ashton, Nathalie, and Adrian. Si Adrian 'yung nasa condo ko," I told him while we're walking. He was on the side near the cars and I was inside. "We walk different paths. Kuya Ash is the only one who follows Mom and Daddy,"

"Oh. Why did you go on med?"

"I just can't see myself in another dream, Ralpkiel. I have really dreamed of becoming a doctor since I was a child. How about you? Didn't you think of taking something else?" Didn't his parents tell him to go to medical school? Was he forced?

Kiel shook his head. "I really had hope when I first held the stethoscope." That was the last thing he said before we crossed to the other side and entered his condo building. We entered the elevator in silence, I just keep looking around because I'm so new to this place. Malapit lang 'to condo ni Andrei, walking distance lang din. I entered Kiel's condo and immediately smelled his perfume. Ang bago talaga ng perfume niya.