Part One: Valery

FADE IN.

EXT. SAND PIT - MORNING

A small tent sits loosely in a pit of sand. Beyond the tent is a large complex of machines, supposedly once for digging gravel up from underneath the sand pit.

The pit itself sits in the center of a large forest.

In the opening of the vacant tent, a pair of over-easy eggs and three slices of bacon sizzle on a small griddle.

A man stumbles out of the woods, approaching the tent. He wears a green poncho and a large bag, filled with supplies sits on his shoulders, and a long rifle is slung over his left shoulder.

This is AIDEN BLAIRE (late 20's). He's a dirty blonde with shorter hair, about 6'.

He drops his pack and kneels down next to the griddle, picking up the bacon and eating it.

AIDEN (IM)
This was just started.

He looks out at the gravel machinery.

AIDEN
This place seems familiar.

He finishes the bacon and wipes his hands clean, turning off the griddle.

AIDEN
Maybe they're inside there.

He picks up his pack and slings it back over his shoulder, beginning down the sand pit to the machine.

He walks to a sign posted in the sand. A fence built around it, blocking out trespassers.

SIGN: "DO NOT TRESPASS. PRIVATE PROPERTY. ALL TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED."

Aiden snickers to himself.

AIDEN
Prosecute. Funny. Nobody to prosecute, nobody to do the prosecuting. There could be someone in here.

He jumps the fence, making it creak and squeak. He slowly makes his way into the machinery.

EXT. GRAVEL MACHINE - CONT.

Aiden makes his way into the tall and twisted rusty metal machine. A large tower with offshoots of metal poles and ducts as well as a large conveyer belt, leading into a deep hole.

Aiden walks through a small overpass of ducts.

AIDEN (vocally)
Hello? I found your tent!

There's nothing but silence, except for the creaking of metal by the breeze.

He walks a bit further until he finds a torso stuck under a large metal duct on its back. They're not moving, their eyes are closed and their hands sprawled out.

Aiden slowly moves the gun from his shoulder and loads a round into the chamber, stepping closer.

The torso's face is mangled and his left eye is hanging out of the socket.... But it's breathing. Sleeping.

Aiden takes another step closer but steps on a piece of glass, shattering it in an explosion of minute sound.

The right eye on the torso bursts open, and the head tilts back, peering at Aiden.

AIDEN
Fuck.

TORSO
Hey, help me out, will you?

Aiden brings the butt of the gun to his shoulder and aims the barrel at the torso's face.

TORSO
Don't fucking shoot me!

The torso begins scratching at the ground, pulling its body away from its legs, blood pouring from under the duct.

Before it can make it's way closer, Aiden pulls the trigger and shoots the torso's face.

Half it's face is shot off, but it keeps dragging itself closer, and eventually, it rips away away from the fallen duct.