Part Five: Jenny's Bog

FADE IN.

EXT. HIGHWAY - DAY

The roads run wet with melted snow, and the once busy cars now corpses drip with dirty water.

AIDEN, carrying the shedded layers of clothing on his pack, walks down the middle of the road.

AIDEN (IM)
From the first moment I can recall of my journey, I've been alone.

FLASHES OF THE RESEARCH FACILITY BLOWING UP.

AIDEN (IM)
Having that taste of love for the first time in forever was far more painful than never having it at all.

FLASHES OF VALERY.

AIDEN (IM)
I'm thankful for the moments I had with her, but the pain will never subside. I'll have to live forever with this feeling.

Aiden continues on, a blank stare across his face, his pace continuing.

EXT. INNER CITY HIGHWAY - DAY

Tall, tumbled and crumbled buildings surround this cramped highway of broken down cars.

AIDEN dodges each car, making his way down the middle of the road.

He's now dressed in less layers. It's warmer. It's...

SUPER: SUMMER

AIDEN (IM)
Over the last few months, many questions have sat in my mind; how did I manage to fight off all those Injured? How did I escape the Genesis Compound? But the only question that matters is why am I the one who had to have my best friend taken from me? 

Aiden stops for a moment, looking up at the buildings.

He stares up at the tall, leaning towers before walking again.

EXT. FOREST'S EDGE - LATER

AIDEN stands at the edge of a forest, the tall, crumbling city behind him in the distance.

He looks through the trees, and the further into the forest he gazes, the darker it gets.

He looks down at the map, the line where he is supposed to travel going through a thick green area.

He sighs before folding the map up and shoving it into his pocket.

Suddenly, a FLASHBACK hits him hard.

FLASHBACK BEGINS.

EXT. LAKE - DAY

A SMALL BOY runs out of a trailer, dressed in his swim trunks.

He runs down a hill towards a small lake, which leads into a forested area.

He runs across a small wooden dock and jumps into the water, making a big splash of water.

He emerges, laughing and smiling, soaking wet.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

EXT. FOREST'S EDGE - CONT.

Aiden shakes his head, not sure as to what he was seeing.

He begins forward, into the forest.

EXT. FOREST - LATER

He slowly moves through the forest, dodging trees and bushes.

He takes a step down a small regime and his boot sinks into the mud.

He steps back, observing the area in front of him.

He finds a large rock and throws it as far as he can.

The rock splashes into the mud, then slowly sinks.

He takes out his map and follows the drawn line into a small blue/green area within the forest.