AFTERMATH

.
.
.

Two weeks had passed ever since Bob entered your life. You had only had 3 encounters with him, but three was all enough to get your head racing. You eventually stopped crashing at Kevin's place and continued working. You just wanted everything to go back to normal. You wanted to be a normal guy, not a guy who has a red demon guy infestation. You still worked alongside Kevin, and you were still a menace to rude customers. You leaned back in your chair behind the front counter of your workplace. It was a silent and calm night. Kevin had fallen asleep, so it was just you. You didn't mind, there was barely anyone coming in at this hour anyways. You just sat in your chair relaxing, reading a magazine. You heard the bell ring. You looked up with your tired eyes to the front door, placing your magazine aside and sitting a bit nicer. You rustled your hair to fix it a little bit better.

"Welcome, welcome, what can I get y-" You started to say, welcoming the customer until you looked up.

IT WAS THAT FUCKING DEMON BOY AGAIN WHAT THE FUCK 😭😭
You immediately started sweating and shaking just looking at Bob. Your heart started to race again, just as it always did when you were freaking out. Bob walked over to the front counter, placing a bag of candy down on the counter. You shook. You were frozen once more. The only thing you can do was look at the large man.

"Jus' these, please, darlin'." He said, reaching into his pocket for his wallet.

I stared in awe at the man, shakily ringing him up. Why would he call me that?? My name tag was on my uniform.. Did he call everyone that?? AAAAHH RRAAAAAHH 😞😞. He paid for his candy and turned back around, leaving the store. I sat there, bewildered. Did he.. forget who I was?? Why would he go into public like that? He's gonna get arrested, does he have a death wish??.....Did he get off to tha
Your mind continued to come up with explanations to your encounter. You laid back in your chair and rubbed your temples.
||
A few hours later, you woke Kevin up and told him it was closing time. He sleepily nodded and wobbled to gather his stuff and leave.

"See you tomorrow, (Y/N)." Kevin said to you, leaving. You waved goodbye to him. What a nice guy :-).

You finished cleaning up and locked the store up. You took a moment outside the store for a little breather. You went to a nearby alleyway and pulled out a cigarette. You didn't usually smoke, but once in a blue moon you would. You light the cigarette and blew smoke out from your mouth. You opened your phone and checked your feed for (social media app). As you did this, you heard a twig snap echo throughout the alleyway. You got a bad feeling about the sound, even though there were plenty of reasonable explanations for it. You shrugged it off eventually and went back to your phone. When your were finished with your cig,, you tossed it onto the floor and stomped on it. You looked at your foot for awhile before straightening your back and looking back up. You were met with Bob's stupid red mask again, which made you jump.

"WHAT THE FUCK !!--" You yelled, instantly regretting it once you processed who it was.

Bob tilted his head at you.

"Boo~" He chuckled, making fun of you.

You clenched your fists, obviously getting pissed off at Bob mocking you.

"Why do you keep coming to me? What do you want from me ??" You asked, a little tired of Bob following you everywhere, especially when he scared you like this.

"Hun, yer' still one of my victims, y'know that, right? I hang around 'ya to strike at the perfect moment." He said, his bassy voice echoing the alleyway.

"I'm not buyin'. You've had several opportunities to kill me, but you haven't take advantage of any of them!! I can't understand you ! You're so... weird!!" I argued with the man. I was playing with death himself right now and I knew it. I didn't care anymore though, I needed answers.

Bob stared at me, his eyes were wide and his smile was less big. I sighed and clenched my fists. I pushed Bob to a wall, pinning him there. He let this happen, I didn't know if it was because he liked it or was too stunned to act, but I didn't care. I'm tired of making up answers for myself, it's time to get the real stuff.

"Why do you keep following me!? ANSWER ME!!" I demanded, grabbing Bob's turtleneck and pulling his face closer to mine.

Bob was thinking of what to say. "I..?? You w...???" He muttered, tilting his head at me.

I pulled his turtleneck more, our faces were almost touching at this point. "WHY HAVEN'T YOU KILLED ME YET, HUH !? YOU.. YOU,.. YOU FUCKIN,,!!" I wanted to curse him out, I wanted to let my anger out on him but I didn't. I graded my teeth and waited for his answer.

" You're jus' interestin'. You escaped me, despite being reckless 'n stupid, you're still alive. 'M not sure how 'ya do it." Bob said, looking at me dead in the eyes. "I gotta say, 'ya got some nerve fer talkin' to me like that too." He added, chuckling.

I stared at the man I had pinned to the wall, confused. Instead of getting answers, I was left even more confused than I was in the first place. I looked at Bob, his smile widened as to mock me. I let Bob go, crossing my arms while he dusted himself off.

"..Why didn't you push me away?" I decided to ask, trying to get back at him in a way.

"Because it was fun watchin' ya' get angry." He flashed his big toothy grin at me again.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the cigarette I had stomped out earlier. I slightly looked at Bob before walking down the alleyway back to my house. Bob followed me, I could tell because of his loud ass breathing and robotic footsteps. When I got to my house, before I opened the door I looked behind me. Huh, there was nobody.. Maybe Bob had gone to wherever he sleeps at night. I turned back to my door and unlocked it. I walked inside, locking the door again behind me. I was pooped, the store was pretty crowded today. I put my bag down next to the door and fell asleep on my couch almost instantaneously. I didn't want tomorrow to exist.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading !
1125 words
See you soon. :-)