Chapter 2

The problem is with my plan is never in my life have I had to figure out a mystery. And my first one is a murder mystery involving my best friend.

But, nevertheless, I'm determined to either bring whoever did this to justice, or to find Calvin.

As I walk out the coffee shop, I hear Raya quickly grab her things and follow me.

"Cameron! This is a job you leave for the cops, you can't just go poking around in a supposed homicide." I hear say behind me, out of breath from running.

"We search the area where he went missing... nothing. We get a presumed dead label... we did nothing."

Now I'm getting mad. I turn around and face her and she stops.

"We go to his funeral, where the lead detective on the case tells us he's sorry for our loss... we did nothing, when I should've punched his ass in the face." I say angrily to her.

Raya looked like she was about to cry when I said that, which caused me to back up a step or two. I never meant to do that, I just want people to see that something is up with this all. It's making my brain hurt.

I sigh, looking at her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Your right, we did do nothing." She interrupted me. "That's cause we're trained to do nothing and let the cops handle it."

She sat down on one of the nearby benches. She's always been a very supportive friend. I walked over to the bench where she was sitting at and sat down with her.

Then she turned to me, "Do you even know how you would go about this?"

I sighed, "Not really."

We both sit in silence for a second.

"Well," she turns to me. "We should start with his girlfriend and friends, get everyone's story and go from there."

His girlfriend Izzy never got over it. They were in love with each other and he treated her so well. Right before they broke up, I did start to notice them drift apart a little bit. But then again, he kinda drifted away from everyone right before. After the funeral we lost touched as she deleted all her social media. I've been back at school for about two weeks and haven't heard or seen her since.

"I doubt she's about to be happy to talk about this though." Raya added.

I stood up, "Some conversations you might not wanna hear, but you gotta have 'em anyway."

We walk together over to co-ed dorms on the other side of the campus. I haven't been over there since the last time I've seen her and Calvin together.

I was walking into the dorm to meet up with them to go study at the library, it was finals week and all the test were about to be grueling considering it was the end of Junior Year. As I walked into Izzy's hall, I began to hear muffled versions of her and Calvin's voice. Even though I couldn't make out too much of what they were saying, I was able to make out some of it.

"You can't tell me you like living like this." I hear come out of his mouth. "Maybe we should take a break."

"Oh once the years over, trust me, we can do more than take a break." She replied. "But I refuse to look like a joke to my sorority, so if you don't want the campus to know why you're breaking up with me... you'll wait til the last Date Night of the year."

I heard him sigh, "Fine, stop talking so loud, Cam's gonna be here every second."

I never really thought to much about it, because Calvin and Izzy were always that couple that loved each other one second, fighting the next, and then would go back to loving as if nothing ever happened. But if she could tell us what she was threatening him with, maybe it could give me some type of clue as to what exactly happened to him.

We finally ended up in front of her door, both of us staring straight at it.

"Our first testimony, how should we knock?" I ask, a tiny bit nervous.

She looked at me, confused. "We aren't cops, we can knock like civilized human-"

Before she could finish her sentence, the door swung open. We looked to see Xavier Combat, football player and fellow Senior at the door, and Izzy on her bed in the back.

"Long time no see, Live." He smirked at us, blocking the entrance. "Almost thought you dropped of the earth after last semester."

I smirked back him, "I wish." I looked past him and waved to Izzy in the back. "Hey, do you mind if Raya and I talk to you?"

Xavier then got back in my way. "What do you need to talk to her for exactly?" He asked.

"Nothing that concerns you... yet." Raya answered before I could. She then walked past him into the room, prompting me to fake smile at the fake bodyguard then walk past him, rolling her. "You mind if we talk without the guard here?"

She raised an eyebrow at Izzy, who looked pretty nervous if I do say so myself.

"I'll be fine X," she started. "I'll call you later."

He now raised an eyebrow at her as he raised his hands in defeat. "Fine, just be careful what you say two these two, can't trust anyone now on days... can you?" He rolled his eyes before leaving the room and closing the door.

"So... what's up with him?" I ask, killing the silence.

Izzy sighed, "Well, he's been hanging around me since the funeral. And I oddly like the company... don't have much of that now on days."

"Well duh, I mean Xavier says Cam dropped if the earth, but that's definitely more you than him." Raya explained.

Raya is definitely more bad cop. As forward as she is about everything, I hope this doesn't blow up in our face before I can get any actual answers.

"Can you blame me? My boyfriend goes missing, I'm the one of the lead suspects... literally everyone on campus thinks I had something to do with it, and I'm starting to think maybe their right with how much it's been said about me."

I cough, "Well, are you?"

She pinched the bridge of nose. "I don't think so. I was as drunk as you two were that night, I don't remember much."

I looked at Raya, who seemed to know what I wanted to say to Izzy... cause she was giving me a look that says "You better fucking not."

Ignoring her, I sit on the bed next to Izzy, who is practically in tears by this point.

"Listen, I want to find out what happened to Calvin." I start, as I see Raya hitting her head in the corner. "And in order to do that... I need to find out exactly what happened that night."