Chapter 9

Minho sat at their lunch table patiently, just waiting for Jisung to arrive. It was finally the day he was gonna tell Jisung everything about how he felt and how he wanted to be with him. He was ready for whatever answer Jisung gave him. His leg shook up and down as he stared at his hands in his lap. He was nervous, but he wanted the truth out. He looked up, seeing Jisung sit across from him at the lunch table. He smiled shyly at him.

“You seem a bit excited today,” Jisung mentioned, seeing Minho was smiling more than usual.

“Eh, I just have this big thing going on,” Minho said back.

“Oh? What is it?”

Minho fumbled with his fingers, looking away. “Only if you’re really cool with what I’m about to say.”

“Oh! Sure, I’m cool with whatever!”

Minho looked up. “Jisung, I-I-”

“BABE!” A voice boomed in Minho’s ears. The boy looked around, seeing a girl excitedly approach Jisung.

Jisung looked up, smiling at the girl fondly. “Hey sweetie,” He said softly. The girl giggled, hugging him. Jisung pulled away from the hug, smiling widely. “Minho, this is my girlfriend Heesun!” He said, the smile growing on his face.

“Girlfriend? Oh gosh-”

“I know, isn’t it so exciting?” Heesun giggled, kissing his cheek. “I’m dating the only Han Jisung.”

“Yeah, exciting…” he looked away.

“I just wanted to stop by, say hello, annoy my beautiful boy,” she teased. “I need to catch up with my friends. Is that okay Sungie?”

“Yeah, go have fun with your friends!” 

She kissed his cheek, running off.

“Girlfriend?” Minho asked.

“I know! Isn’t it just so amazing?” Jisung said happily.

Minho swallowed his feelings. “Yeah, it is! Happy for you,” he lied. And there went his opportunity to be something more. “I’m glad you could find love.”

“I wouldn’t call it love. It’s only been a week, but… yeah! Now, what were you gonna say?”

“I- I suddenly have forgotten-”

“Oh… disappointing. Let me know if that changes though.”

“I’ll tell you.” He looked around. “Oh shit- I forgot I told someone I would meet up with them-” He stood up quickly. “-see you in last period. Don’t miss me too much.” He quickly rushed off, leaving his food.

Jisung waved, watching him leave. “Strange…” he muttered. 

Minho walked through the hallways alone, trying to hold back tears. He walked to his locker, feeling like an idiot. Of course, Jisung had to be taken right before Minho confessed. He sighed deeply to himself, slamming his head against the locker. He felt tears drip their way down his face, wiping them away with his sleeves. He felt terrible. He was an idiot.

No, Jisung would never like him back. The man was straighter than rulers, why did he think he had a chance?

More tears dripped down, Minho not bothering to push them away. All he could do was sit there.

!

Minho sat on the couch, peacefully reading his book. Jisung sat across from him on the couch. Minho didn't notice the glances Jisung kept having his way, or the way Jisung kept growing blushier with each passing second.

Finally, Jisung spoke in a soft voice. "Can I tell you something?" he asked nervously.

Minho looked up, his eyes meeting the most anxious and sparkly pairs of eyes he's ever seen. "Sure, go on,"  he replied, his smile causing more nerves for Jisung.

"I love you too," Jisung said softly, looking away.

Minho put his book down, a noticeable blush growing on his face. "W-what do you mean you love me too? I-I've never loved you before, that's... that's ridiculous?" He lied, his voice being way too over-dramatic and nervous.

"Minho, I know. I was just too stupid to realize it before!" His voice only grew. "I really should've realized it sooner! I just got way too in and over my head with girls and you rejecting me all the time because I thought you never wanted to be in love with me."

Minho was red at that point. He didn't know what to say, just letting Jisung ramble about his feelings. Minho slowly stood up, walking closer to Jisung. Jisung stopped his ramble, looking up at him nervously. They both were filled with dread. Neither knew what to do.

Minho shyly offered Jisung his hand, the boy taking it. Minho pulled him up, just holding it. Their eyes connected again, both only blushing more.

"I- Uh- I do also love you," Minho said, breaking their eye contact. He could feel Jisung squeeze his hand tighter. "Wait- what do you mean me rejecting you?"

"You weren't that lovely to me in high school so I kinda thought you didn't like me back, so I just went with my next best option, girls. And I kept going back to them because I was convinced you would never love me." He looked down.

"Jisung, I've been in love with you since high school. I- are we both just stupid?"

"...I think we are." Jisung looked up. "Now what?"

"Uh..." Minho's heart skipped a beat. "I have no idea how to kiss someone."

Jisung chuckled. "Do I need to teach you?"

"You do if you want to be kissed properly," Minho said, smiling slyly.

"First, sit on the couch," Jisung instructed.

Minho listened, letting go of his hands and sitting.

"Then, I climb on top of you," Jisung said as he did so. "Do you want a sweet and innocent kiss or something more?"

"Something more."

"Put your hands on my waist." Minho did as told. Jisung slid his arms around Minho's neck, pulling him. "For something more, I can't instruct any further. Just let your body take over, okay?" Minho nodded.

Jisung's lips made contact with Minho's lips, leaving behind a 'mwah' sound.

"That was only a simple kiss. Now this..." he pushed their lips together.

Minho kissed back softly, Jisung kissing harder. Jisung tilted his head to the side, exposing more to Minho. They moved together, everything growing messier around them. Minho found his hands and tongue moving on their own without his mind, exploring the younger male on top of him. Jisung moaned softly into the kiss, losing himself to the kiss. They broke apart, Minho almost gasping for breath as Jisung just panted softly.

"That was more of a makeout session, but still. It was needed," Jisung grinned. Jisung gently brushed his hair out of his face, tossing his head back slightly. "Fuck, I love you so much."

Minho could barely speak, feeling his heart race. "I-I love you too."

"So... what does this make us?" Jisung asked.

"Hmmm... I think we need a proper date before we decide anything."

"You asking me out?"

"Maybe I am." Minho smirked. "We'll plan later. I'm gonna go start dinner." He gently leaned in, leaving a single kiss on his lips.

Can y'all help me think of a Stray Kids related senior quote?

! Emberly !