Sixteen

AEIRYN

TOO much love almost killed me before. If only I asked about his background, I would've known about Ryl's existence toward Tyron's life.

I knew it was my fault. I fell for the wrong person. I tried making the wrong person right, and I tried making the sinful situation the most ideal one.

When I fell for Tyron, I didn't know that I would become a mistress. I wasn't aware of it at first. I was a prisoner of love—the love that poisoned me.

***

IT was really my nature to be always mad. Kahit walang ginagawa sa akin, I was always frowning. Good thing that I am always beautiful no matter how fucked up the situation I was into.

"Can't you just leave me alone, Aeidan? We're not identical twins. Napagkakamalan kang boyfriend ko! How can I manage to take a man home—"

"Shut up, Aeiryn. Kuya Aeignn asked me to stay. Hindi ko rin gustong bantayan ka. I hate crowded places especially bars. I have no choice," he said cutting me off.

This brat!

"No, Aeiryn. You're the brat. Stop looking at me as if I am a hindrance towards your happiness. I don't give a damn about your sexual life, just don't get pregnant, don't get hurt, don't cry, and don't acquire STD. Mom will surely kill you," he continued as if he heard what I said in my mind.

"Shut your mouth, Aeidan," I replied as I rolled my eyes.

I stood up from the high stool I was sitting on and went to the center of the dance floor. I was wearing my black fitted croptop and a black fitted short skirt.

I danced along with the loud rock music. Wala ako sa mood kaya narito ako. Naiinis ako dahil kailangan kong iligtas kanina ang isang abogado kahit na siya ang dahilan kung bakit na-acquit ang isang murderer. I wanted him to die but Mom didn't permit me to kill him. Mom said that she would use him for a different purpose that was why I needed to save him.

The loud rock music stopped and a solemn music took over. I looked around and everybody had their own partners.

"What a disgusting world I live in," I hissed. I was about to walk away when I suddenly felt someone held me arm.

My reflexes told me to punch this scumbag but I couldn't move. In the end, I found myself dancing with this stranger.

"Hi," he said smiling. I saw his white teeth that made him more captivating.

He is tall—around 5'11 feet I think. He has hazel nut pair of eyes. He has pointed nose and a pinkish lips.

"I almost punch you for touching me without permission," I said that made him laugh.

"I'm sorry. Do you want to sit now—"

"Let's just continue dancing."

We danced and danced. It was the first time I ever felt so safe around someone else's arms. It was as if he never wanted my body unlike those men I met before. It was like as if he wanted to just take care of me and nothing else. This was also the first time that someone didn't take advantage of me. This was the first time . . . and it was so fucking magical.

TYRON pursued me. It was seven months ago since I met him.

Those months he was courting it was the most devastating yet the most magical days of my life. Why? Kuya Aeignn gave him so much hard time. Nanditong magpadala siya ng kahon na puro dugo kay Tyron, magpadala ng granada, magpa-deliver ng mga bulaklak na nabubulok, and he even almost made Tyron be fired from his work as an architect, but Tyron endured everything just for me. He ensured that no one could ever make him back down. He was really one of a kind.