Part 4

MAEVE

I was really nervous. I didn't know if I was doing the right thing, but I'd ran out of choices. I couldn't let the bullying continue, and the only way to stop this was harassment was to ask Dominic for help.

I'd seen the way everyone looked at him with fear in their eyes. While I hadn't seen him doing anything illegal on school grounds, I knew what he was capable of. I'd seen it with my own eyes last weekend. I'd heard the rumors about him sending multiple kids to the hospital with broken bones. He was tough looking for a nineteen-year-old and had muscle playing sports.

I was a little scared of him, a bit intimidated, but I needed an ally. I wanted someone to help me out with my situation and from what I'd witnessed, Dominic had that power.

"You're here to see someone?" Marcus stood there, blocking the door. He was big and beefy, like all the other football players on their team. Marcus Vanderhall was Dominic's teammate and his best friend. Not that I was certain of the latter, but it sure seemed to me like they were very close since I'd seen them hanging out together.

Just like Dominic, Marcus also came from money. If anything, the sports car he drove proved it. He also had a perpetual smirk on his face.

"Is Dominic here?"

His smile turned to a grin. "Whatever for?"

"I need to talk to him."

He looked down at his expensive wrist watch. "He'll be out in a few, and while you wait, why don't you come with me?"

"I'll wait here."

He chuckled, "You sure you don't prefer me over him? Our names got the same ring to it. Marcus and Maeve. It would look great on a wedding card."

Marcus had light brown hair, bordering on orange, and light golden eyes. He was a complete opposite in looks compared to Dominic, who was like a dark fallen angel. Marcus was hot, there was no doubt about it but he didn't hold a candle to Dominic's rugged beauty.

I kept my face straight. I knew he was joking around with me because that's how Marcus was, but deep down, he was the same as Dominic. Entitled, selfish and bad down to the core.

There was a slap on Marcus's shoulder and sure enough, it was Dominic. "You don't have anywhere else to be, dude?" He tipped his head towards the cheerleader who was about to chew through the plastic straw she was sucking. Her eyes had a murderous glint in it and she was looking straight at me.

Great. As if I didn't already have an army of haters.

"Pretty sure Barbie there isn't going to wait for you."

"See you guys around." Marcus winked, back-walking to his girlfriend or whoever she was. "And Dom, play nice."

When they were out of earshot, I asked him, "Her name is Barbie?"

"It's Eleanor, but everyone calls her Barbie because she acts like one." He started walking out of the hallway. "Did you wait here for me until practice got over?"

"It's not a big deal. It wasn't like I had anything better to do." I confessed. It was a lie because I had tons of studying to do to catch up with everybody.

"What's this about?" He led me through the school doors, outside into the parking lot. His car and a few others were the only ones left in their spot.

Since he was part of the football team, he usually came early to school for practice and left after everybody.

I turned to face him. I didn't know how to say it.

"I...I..."

"Just say it." He said, running his hands through his freshly showered hair.