Witam

On a lovely summer day, I was practicing my sutures with Madara when Hashirama stopped by with a guest. Madara saw who it was, put two and two together, and promptly jumped out the back window to avoid meeting Hashirama's future fiancée.

Madara was in a "all girls are yucky and they give me cooties" phase where he actively did his best to avoid them.

Hashirama entered the home, escorting a young cherry-cheeked Mito who looked around in wonder.

"This is Sasori," Hashirama introduced Mito to me. Mito gave me a funny look as I put away the practiced sutures Madara was working on.

"Why are you wearing a boy's outfit?" Mito shrewdly asked. "You're a girl."

"Today I'm a boy," I told her.

She gasped. "You can do that?!"

"Sure."

"Wha—I wanna be a boy," Mito excitedly exclaimed. Then her face fell. "But I have to marry Hashirama-san and bear his children."

"You can always adopt," I answered with a shrug.

"Like in the tale The Wandering Hero?!" Mito and Hashirama practically squealed. Then when they realized they had said it in synch the two slowly turned toward one another, gaping.

"You know The Wandering Hero?" Hashirama whispered in awe.

"Know it? I have it memorized!" Mito bragged.

"It's the best tale of them all," they said together in perfect synch. Then they proceeded to squeal and grasp each other's hands.

"MY FRIEND!" Hashirama declared, pulling Mito in for a tight hug.

Mito's face turned red but she jubilantly returned his hug.

I cooed, "Awww. C'mon, Mito. I've got some spare boy clothes if you wanna try them on."

"Oh, yes please!"

Mito looked dashing as a boy. She changed her hair bun into a loose ponytail. She definitely could have passed as a bishie if she were older.

"Do you like to train?" Hashirama asked her after she came back out.

"I'm not allowed to," Mito admitted.

"You can do anything at Sasori's," Hashirama told her. "I hang out with an Uchiha here!"

"Aren't the Senju and Uchiha clan at war?"

"We were. Until Sasori," Hashirama nodded at me.

"Wow." Mito turned to me with stars in her eyes. "How? Even grandpa couldn't make peace between them."

"Blackmail," I admitted to her. "And peer pressure."

"Wow. Mom always told me to never give in to peer pressure."

"Easier said than done," I snorted. "Have you been taught to tree-walk?"

Mito shook her head.

"Let's start there, then. That's something everyone should know how to do, regardless of status or gender."

H̰̝̔̓͐ͧ̚e͙̫̭̣̭͑̒ͣ̚l͙̣̬̈́̃͒̄l̩̱̮ͅo̪̩͑ͯ̀ͬ,̩̖̬̜͐͋ ̬̥̳ͯd̪͂ͫȍ̺̩͓͔̮ ̘͒ͩy̆̒̑o̖̦̘ű̝͔̱̙̄ ͙̭̫͕͗͂̓̾r̜̟͇̠͌̐ͭe̱̺̺̝m̰̭ė̮ͤ̑̐̀mͮ̄b̪̟̭ͧͭ̇̓ͅẽ̯̤͕́r̖ͫ ̗͒̀̍̂̉m͉̜̊ͯ̃̒͆e̱͉̊́̉̇ͧͅ?̟̝ͬ̓ͥ͗͗ͅ

Mito was a lovely girl. She spent a few more hours with me before Hashirama had to take her back. She kissed my cheek as thanks, and I could hear the two of them merrily chatter with one another on their way out. I was happy that they could at least start off as friends.