〔 二十 〕 unraveling dimensions, opening new pages

;

;

there are still wonders left to behold

Having his head figuratively flaming, Jiraiya was marching towards the Kage Building—Hiruzen should be there.

"Dammit," he muttered with a gritted teeth, "why is he always letting that bastard do whatever he pleases?"

He couldn't stop worrying, also perplexing him a great deal and only caused him to tremble more.

What were they planning? To singlehandedly ruin a child's life by leaking the truth about her? If doing so, it only meant that someone was prioritizing their personal interest over the wellness of the village.

That someone is a traitor to the village.

Before he entered the main hallway to the Hokage's Office, Shisui Uchiha, his relaxed face grinned at the sennin upon seeing him.

Jiraiya wasn't in the mood for smiles and cordiality, thus he came dashing to the young man and demanded with a threatening voice, "You, come with me."

Shisui found himself speechless, nonetheless he followed.

Jiraiya led him to a hidden area somewhere in a forest; he had kept the rationality that it would be a risk if someone saw them together. It was Akane's wish as well. Jiraiya and Shisui were both connected to the young miss, it would be unwanted if a suspicion was raised in the public, especially to the higher-ups.

No one was talking at first, only the rhythmically ambient sound of the night crickets.

"Is it you?" Jiraiya asked in a low tone.

"Is it I . . . what?" Shisui only responded calmly and pleasantly.

"Don't play dumb," snarled the sage. "Somebody has leaked information about Akane . . . And she told me that you have the knowledge for all of this."

Into the relaxed face of Shisui as they stood outside in the cold, he didn't know what to think or respond. All he knew that there was a dreading frustration that hanging like dark grey clouds over him—a kind of frustration he had never felt before.

"So it has started . . ?"

It was like a slow motion, Jiraiya's eyes went round and his anger had doubled up.

"So it's really you!" He then pulled Shisui's collar and pinned him against a tree.

"Now, now, Jiraiya-sama," Shisui only chuckled ruefully, "it wasn't me . . ." Then he waved his hands airily to signify a 'no'.

Jiraiya's brow was raised, looking for a spec of lie in the young shinobi's expression, but still somehow seemed convinced with his plea.

The girl spoke with confidence of Shisui that he was indescribably kind and loyal. Actually, Jiraiya had an initial investigation of him, interviewing the every jonin of the village about the capability and personality of the Uchiha lad, and they were saying the same thing: his gentleness and devotion knew no bounds. Though it was quite the contrary when he was feared in the other nations.