Jaelynn's POV

I’m not that type of girl who fawns over boys, yeah I’ve had crushes but they were mostly on celebrities. I’m Jaelynn Smith, I'm a junior in high school. I live in the Moon Stone. I’m 17. And I’m a werewolf. My mother is the omega which makes me one too. But I’m pretty strong for an omega. I don’t know who my father is. My mother never told me. The Alpha of the pack is Leon Grey; his son Lucas Grey is the future alpha.

I get to find out who my mate is today which is kinda scary if I’m being honest. All the alphas of the packs across the country get together and host a gala for wolves who are of age. Technically I was of age last year but there was a virus going around so they canceled it. With werewolves you can reject your mate however you can get what we call a second chance mate. Although it’s really rare. You're lucky if your mate is even in the same pack as you. If your mate ends up being a high ranking wolf from another pack you have to go to their pack. My wolf is going crazy shes telling me to get ready its only 4 pm the gala starts at 6 pm.

Jada “We need to get ready it’s gonna take awhile for us to do our hair and makeup” 

Jaelynn “It's only 4:10 we don’t need too” 

We argued back and forth, I eventually gave up and started getting ready. I did my makeup to match my dress. It's a long black dress with see-through arms with silver stars all over.

I curl my long silver blonde hair. And then brush it out.

My mother Jane calls my name “JAELYNN IT'S TIME TO GO! ANDRE HERE!”

Jada “Why does he have to be the one to take us he’s a dick”

Idk Jada i hope he doesn’t say anything to me

I walk out to the car completely ignoring Andre. I put my headphones in and blast my music. 

Soon enough we were there, I got out and I immediately smelled vanilla and caramel. My wolf is howling in my head and saying “MATE MATE OUR MATES HERE” I follow the smell it’s Lucas. The alpha son of my pack. He doesn’t like me but I hope he changes his mind. I know he smells me, he's looking for me. When I get to him his eyes widen. His face goes from shocked to disgust. He then says “I Lucas Grey reject you Jaelynn Smith as my mate.” As soon as he says that my stomach turns and I get shooting pain throughout my body. Jada “Everybody’s looking at us, can we go sit at one of the farther tables.”

“Yes we can”

As I’m walking away I hear that one of the Red Moon Pack alpha is not here yet, so instead of sitting at one of the farther tables I sit closer to the entrance.

There’s a bunch of commotion and I figure it’s him. Alpha Damon everyone’s whispering about him calling him Alpha Demon. He stops walking, he starts sniffing the air. It looks like he found his mate. I don’t wanna watch people find their mate. I grab my headphones and phone out of my purse to put them on but a hand grabs my arm. Jada starts howling and freaking out. Jae we have a second chance mate!! That must be why I feel the sparks and smell Lavender and Cedarwood. I feel a hand grab my chin gently and move my face towards my mate. He’s dressed luxurious. I start looking up. Wait what if he rejects us after he sees us. There is only one way to find out, Jada. I didn’t realize I had closed my eyes. He's talking to me. 

A deep voice of a man says “Open your eyes love.” I open my eyes and I'm shocked my second chance mate is the one and only ruthless Alpha Damon Black. Jada “he’s so perfect his face structure his stubble his jawline his deep amber eyes hi-” I get it Jada.

“I know I’m attractive, but can you say something Love.” Damon said. I try to say something but I can’t get anything out of my mouth. I’m shocked that getting a second chance mate is so rare. I hear Lucas's annoying voice “What’s going on here is this omega causing you problems Alpha Damon, Mutt get tf he is an alpha show him some respect.” I get up only because I respect Lucas’s father, I get up and bow to him. “You don’t have to bow to me. Love, you're my mate,” Damon says and pulls me closer to him. “Sorry alpha Da-” I say back. Damon smells my scent. “She isn’t an omega. She doesn’t have the scent of one.” “Her mother is an omega she’s her biological mother.” I say “yeah I’m an omega my father was one too. I’ve never met him though.” “She can’t be your mate she’s my mate, well was” Lucas says and grins. “You rejected her!?!?!?” Damon says. 

I’m ready to go home I don’t wanna be here

“I wanna go home. I wanna leave…” I say. 

“Let’s go,” Damon says.

When we get to my house, I walk in and my mom comes out and says “hey dear back already?”

“Yeah found my mate but-” 

“Why is Alpha Damon outside our house?”

“He’s my mate mom.”

“Oh that means you have to go to his pack...”

“I know momma I gotta pack my stuff I wanna leave now I don’t wanna stay here anymore.” 

“Can you atleast stay one more day and you can leave tomorrow.”

“Fine let me go talk to Damon”

After I talked to Damon we agreed it was best that he slept down on the couch for the respect of my mother. So he did. I go up to my room and go to sleep a little while after I fell asleep.

 A woman says “This is the last time, it's hard to imagine but one day you’ll end up like me and be the most powerful Luna. But you need to get out of here now, if you wanna get out alive. Run..” when she gets done speaking she turns to me. “W-what..” I shake my head in shock. “Why do you look exactly like me?” The woman doesn’t say anything. She starts walking away. 

Where is she going?

There's nowhere to go, it's just all white. 

She starts to fade into the white abyss till she’s gone. I run trying to find her, everything is starting to go black my vision is starting to go blurry. Everything went black. 

I wake up gasping drenched in sweat. I go to the bathroom and splash my face with water. I go down to the kitchen to get some water. As I’m drinking the water I hear muffled voices in my mothers room. I turned around and her room was cracked a little bit. 

Man 1 “Has she found out Jane”

Jane “No she hasn’t. She thinks she’s leaving tomorrow with the awful alpha.”

Man 2 “So she doesnt know she isn’t an omega. And that she’s actually a full breed alpha.”

Jane whispers, “Shut up you idiot, you’ll wake her. We can’t have her awake, we need her asleep to sacrifice her.” 

Man 3 says in a sarcastic tone “Poor kid doesn’t even know the woman who raised her isn’t her real parent and that her real parents pack got killed off awhile ago.”

All of them chuckle

W-what…. I need to leave.

I need to get Damon and get us out. My mom's room or should I say Jane's room doesn’t have any windows but I need to barricade the door. I push the fridge in front of her door. 

A couple seconds later I’m running and getting Damon up and there trying to get out. I don’t even realize I’m crying.

“Damon get up we gotta go” I whisper yelling. “They're gonna sacrifice me if we don’t go. They know I’m up, we have to go.” 

“What..?” He says groggily. 

He sees the tears in my eyes. And he jumps up, grabs my hand and drags me out of the house.