Chapter Nineteen- Elves Vs. Toys

"Let's go get my husband and the elves!" I shouted before running towards the room that the elves were trapped in.

The Toy Santa must have figured out I had left because he locked Bernard and Holly away with the rest of the elves.

After we released them all from the locked part of the workshop, I grabbed Holly from Bernard and brought her into me tightly with Bernard pulling me into him.

Holly's little body was smushed in between us but she didn't care at all. "You did good, doll."

"Not without you, B," I smiled and gave him a quick kiss before we ran with everyone towards the stables to catch the Toy Santa before he took off in the sleigh.

We, unfortunately, didn't make it there in time because just as we rounded the corner into the stables, the Toy Santa was just flying out of the hatch into the sky.

Everyone stopped and waited in silence, thinking of what we could possibly do to fix this.

All of a sudden, Bernard whistled quite loudly and we all turned as something clattered around in one of the reindeer pens... It was Chet.

"Get out of the way!" I shouted to all of the elves in case of a very possible head-on collision with the baby reindeer.

"What are you doing?" Dad asked Bernard.

"You gotta save Christmas," Bernard explained before Chet made a victory sound and barrelled towards us, not without crashing into a few crates.

"No, no, no," Dad started chuckling at the idea of riding the reindeer in training.

"Please. Don't worry," Bernard attempted to calm him down before pulling me out of the way as Chet came in full force toward Dad.

"Slow down," Dad put out his hands to signal for the reindeer to stop but it was no use. Chet knocked into Dad, sending both of them into a heap on the stable floor.

One of the reindeer-handling elves took Chet's reins to stop him from going anywhere while Carol went to help Dad up to his feet. He made his way over to the reindeer and grabbed the reins.

"Okay. Chet, this is it. You ready to rock and roll?" Bernard asked the little reindeer.

"Chet?" Carol asked while looking over at my husband.

"Yeah. He's still in training," he explained while gesturing to the animal.

"How much flight time has he had?" Dad asks while wrapping the reins tightly into his hands.

"About a minute and a half," Bernard informed him.

"He's had a lot of crash time!" I smiled up at my father who immediately glared at me.

"Clara!"

"He's just a baby," Curtis added.

"All right. Let's see what this baby can do, alright?" Dad nodded and mounted the little reindeer.

Chet hums and sings his little song while Dad prepares himself. "Ready, buddy? You know what we gotta do. Hyah!"

And with that, Chet barrels off through the hatch and into the sky. I stand with my whole family and watch the reindeer fight through the air, not taking any sort of order correctly. Nonetheless, the take-off was successful and it was time to deal with the issue on the ground... the soldiers.

"Okay, everybody! Outside, now!" Bernard exclaims excitedly and all of the elves cheer as they run through the workshop to the town square.

Bernard and I gain up to the front of the pack and we lead the elves through the workshop, slamming open the double doors and running down the stairs toward the army of toy soldiers waiting outside.