Chapter 8 - Flynn

I want to rip Frankie Kincaid's hands off Ellie, but I remain seated.

He hugs her goodbye and lingers way too fucking long. If she didn't pull back, I would have caused a fucking scene, and that's the last thing I need.

He kept calling her El like he had known her forever and not just met her his morning. What pissed me off the most was her smile; she fucking smiled at him as he handed her the moon, and my hands clenched at my sides.

"Wow, he liked my pitch; he liked it. Thank you so much, Mr Stone."

"My name is fucking Flynn Ellie. Flynn. F.L.Y. double N, Flynn." I don't know why I bite, but I do. I need to hear her say my name.

"Right." She says and looks down at her feet. Her eyes water slightly, and my gut clenches.

I get up and walk to her, standing in front of her now; I lift her chin with my hand and then step back fast, the touch of her skin burning through mine.

"Sorry, look, I'm... I'm not good at this. Please call me Flynn, okay?" I almost whisper.

"Flynn." She repeats, but her voice is devoid of any emotion. I'm a fucking dick.

"You did great today, Ellie. "

She smiles, but it's weak, and I feel like a fucking asshole.

"Thanks for letting me do this; I know I haven't earned the opportunity, and it's not part of my job, but I'm glad you allowed me to present this to make my dream a little more attainable."

"Anytime," I reply. I want to touch and pull her close to me, but I don't. I let her walk back to her desk, and I walk back to mine. Sending her a list of documents and tasks to finalise.

A few hours pass, and before I realise it, the day is finished. Ellie asked if I needed anything before I told her to spend the day, but asking her to stay was on my tongue.

Im not sappy, I'm not fucking sweet, but I want her near me, I want to see her smile, and I can't even believe I'm saying that because I sound like those corny dumbasses I give shit too, but it's all true, and I need to figure out how to keep my sanity.

I keep working to distract myself - minutes turn into hours, and before I know it, it's 1 am.

I start to pack up, but a ping causes me to check my email, and I stop breathing; my jaw clenches.

# This email was sent via voice message #

From: Ellie.Hudson@Elite.com

To: Flynn.Stone@Elite.com

Subject:

Flynn Stone

why do you have to be so beautiful? It's seriously not fair that you look like that but act like such an ass

everyone always looks at you, you know? Why wouldn't they but I want you to look at me.. sometimes I think that you do, but then your face goes all angry. I wonder what I did wrong, and then I wonder what it would be like to touch you, just once, just a little bit.. what your mouth would feel like against my skin, and your tongue - god, your tongue would feel so mmmm

your delicious, like chocolate icecream but sexy you know? I want to take you in my mouth and lick every drop, I just know you'd taste so-

Ellie, what are you doing?

I'm telling Flynn that he's so smexy, and I want to kiss him and lick him like an ice cream

Ellie, are you drunk?

mmmm

okay, drunk girl, come on, bedtime

But I didn't press send yet; Ava hes so pretty - like prettyyy and-

I stare at the email over and over. Ellie is drunk. Ellie wants me to kiss her, to touch her. She told her friend that I was sexy.

I look down at my hands that are gripping the ends of my laptop.

Fuck. This changes everything.