3 | chaotic

I have this paralyzing fear that I'll maybe go nowhereBut God forbid me ever admitting I could be scaredAnd I can't stand my friends right now, we got nothing in commonBut being lonely's worse than just having friends that don't careYou said it lo...

But God forbid me ever admitting I could be scared
And I can't stand my friends right now, we got nothing in common
But being lonely's worse than just having friends that don't care
You said it looks like I've been going through hell
How did you know? How could you tell?
Ask me to explain myself
Well
I'm trying my best here to be brutally honest
Nobody said changing would be this exhausting
A foot on the break 'cause it's been making me carsick
How could you blame me? Growing up is chaotic
Don't wanna say it but I really think that I miss him
It might seem stupid but I still look through all of our texts
Who knew that wanting someone could ever make me this desperate?
Don't think I'll do that again, and, oh-ooh
You said it looks like I've been going through hell
How did you know? How could you tell?
You asked me to explain myself
Well
I'm trying my best here to be brutally honest
Nobody said changing would be this exhausting
A foot on the break 'cause it's been making me carsick
How could you blame me? Growing up is chaotic (ah)
And maybe I'm just blowing all this shit up in my head
But I can't help it, no, I can't help it
Fooling myself thinking that I'll never love again
Goddamn, I felt it, I really felt it
Maybe I'm just blowing all this shit up in my head
But I can't help it, no, I can't help it
Spending too much time on things I know that I'll forget
But damn I felt it
I'm trying my best here to be brutally honest
Nobody said changing could be this exhausting
Foot on the break 'cause it's making me carsick
How could you blame me?

one month after
third person pov

a month had passed since brooke had moved. it was perhaps the best and worst month of her life, and she felt like everything was beyond her. her life was just chaotic.

growing up brooke had always struggled with anxiety. her and matt were able to grow close because of their similar struggles, and he'd always be the one to help her through them. now, she had no one. her los angeles friends didn't understand her, and she didn't care for them to. the only person she felt that could ever truly get her, was matt.

maybe it was because she didn't know what else to do, but the girl called matt. it'd been two weeks since he'd tried calling, and brooke was a mess.

once he answered the facetime call, brooke immediately broke down in tears.

matt was the first to speak, "are you okay?"

brooke just shrugged, trying to calm herself down. matt sighed, hating to see the girl like this. "you look like you've been going through hell."

she laughed slightly, knowing only matt would say something like that to her. "how could you tell?"

matt looked at her through the screen, trying not to show how much the whole thing affected him, too. "i know you, brooke. what's wrong?"

"it's just a lot, everything is changing. growing up is chaotic, i'm just overwhelmed, i don't even know why i called. i'm sorry."  she explained, quickly ending the call, feeling her nerves grow more. why did she have to call him?

she didn't want to admit it, but she really did miss him.

the next night, she went through their old texts, reminiscing on the good times. looking at all the "i love you's" made her wonder if she made the right decision.

was her career more important than matt?

-
three months after
third person

"get in the fucking car, chris!" matt yelled at the youngest triplet, wanting to get on the road. chris decided he wanted mcdonalds, and after begging matt, he takes the longest to get going. "i'm here!"

"about time." matt rolled his eyes, starting the car. "the aux cord is broken, gotta listen to the radio."

"what century is this?" nick asked from the backseat, being ignored by both of his brothers.

"-and here is a new song for you guys, by new artist brooke taylor!"

matt froze, biting his tongue. he knew he shouldn't listen to it, but he couldn't stop himself. when chris went to change the station, matt stopped him.

and so the three sat in the driveway for three minutes in silence, listening to their friend's new song, and of course matt knew exactly what it was about.