chapter 65

2 months later

Samira's pov:

             And the winner of the 2022 Lagos State governorship election's goes to.......... BRIDGET ADEOLA!!! 

       I jumped up yelling as soon as the announcer called my mom's name,  I hugged my mom who was sat looking lost for words. I knew she was gonna win the election but she on the other hand thought she would loose.

      Last month was really stressful and hectic. We had up's and down because the opposing party was out to get my mom's head. They had people following us and watching our Every move and once we were a bit out of line we were photographed and dissed on all social media.

    My mom's love for younger boys got out , they even said my mom was using me for prostitution due to the things I wore and I'm always around guys. Which is a goddamn lie. It's either Mairo or matt, so I'm basically being around just one boy.

        Mairo and I broke up.......

Just kidding!

  she comforts me anytime my name makes headlines which is every single fucking time.

         "Mom!!! You won! We should celebrate!!" I yelled happily. This has been her dreams since before I was born but she had to put it on hold  after she gave birth to me, because she wanted to focus on her family. Which didn't work out because my dad left with another woman. 

     "Hello governor" Shelton said as he got into the house with a bottle of champagne. He has proven himself not to be a money hungry thief. Just a food hungry thief.

         "Oouuu, I should go get glasses" I ran off to get glasses. This might be the only time my mom allow me take alcohol.

         "Here" I said handing shelton three glasses.

     "Samira you're not that sneaky. Go and return one of the glasses" my mom said collecting her drink

    "Let her drink"
   "Yeah, mom let me drink" 

    My phone ranged as soon as Shelton handed me the glass.

    "Thankyou" I said answering the FaceTime call from Mairo.

    "Hey governor's daughter what ya doing?" She said smiling.

     "I'm drinking" I blushed as I watched her put her phone down showing her toned abs. She was wearing boxers and a sports bra.

    "Are you going out?"
    "No I'm not. Im just studying, since you decided to ditch me today"

     "Girl, I didn't ditch you and why are you studying without me" sometimes it seems like I'm so clingy because I always want to do everything with her but she be telling me she likes it.

     "I wouldn't be able to study if the governors daughter was in my house, I would only be thinking of ways to take her clothes off" I should know better than to talk to Mairo without using my airpods.

        "Hmmmm" my mom cleared her throat looking at me. I did a little smile and began walking off because once Mairo starts she doesn't stop.

    "Ohhh....the governor is there? Give her the phone I want to congratulate her." She said looking for a shirt to put on. After she had found one I gave my mom the phone.

    "Hey Mrs governor!" Mairo cheery voice said. She is close with my mom now and her siblings  basically lives here now.

    "Taking her clothes off, huh?" My mom said raising a brow.