CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Yesterday we went to Shoppes which is that shopping mall I told Lethi about. I almost lost my mind when I got there. Everything was just too gorgeous and too tempting. Imagine seeing abo Gucci, Armani Exchange, Alexander McQueen and all those big names all under one roof? And I am talking about the legit shops, not ones that sell counterfeit ones sold Kula country. Local brands must forgive me but I couldn’t hold still. I literally dragged Lethi to almost all those stores.

We started at Bally where I bought a Crystalia X’s leather mini bag in light beige. When I checked the price, Lethi was like “stop wasting time with that. Just take whatever you want.” Not need but what. Did I not go crazy? Next in my invisible list was Balmian where we got B-VI sunglasses and brown crossy sunglasses. Honestly I wish I can wear them with their price tag do that people will know the price. But I guess those fashion police agents on Twitter and Instagram will know. Then we went to Berluti where I bought matching Malcore slim leather wallets for my man and I. We are a couple, right? So matching is compulsory.

When we passed Monalisa Kids, I couldn’t help myself. I bought a few clothes for my niece and nephew, and for Futhy's brood, Lee's kid. I also bought some stuff for Lethi's children but I didn’t tell him about that. Next we went to Hublot where I bought a classic fusion titanium opalin 45mm. Don’t even Google the price because you will have a heart attack. Honestly, I need bouncers if I am going to wear these things on a regular basis. I had to buy a Gabrielle BB carat calf leather handbag from Moynat and an Akoya cultured pearl ear cuff from Mikimoto. I also bought a lot of clothes and a TUMI international carry on 19 degree aluminium luggage. I didn’t even know we had a luggage brand from South Africa overseas. Life is full of surprises. Later we went to Lavo Italian Restaurant & Rooftop Bar for some sundowners and dinner. Overall, yesterday was eventful and amazing.

“Still thinking about that watch?” Lethi snaps me back to reality and I chuckle, shaking my head. After that expensive watch from Hublot, I saw another gorgeous one from Gucci but I had to stop Lethi from purchasing it. He saw nothing wrong with having two watches that are worth more than a hundred thousand rands. Snob. 

“No. I am not thinking about it and stop asking about it because I won’t change my mind.” We are currently on one of the Sampan Rides. It’s a leisurely ride along the Canal and the Shoppes. The view is so beautiful and just floating around feels so magical. This place is more like an indoor river, if there is anything as such. The mall is so peaceful, it’s like a library. There are no long weird Capitec cues out of nowhere. God knows how much I hate those. “Were you serious about introducing me to your family and wife?” I know the timing is not right since we are having a peaceful moment like this but I know postponing this won’t make any change. Rather remove the thorn now and suffer the temporary pain or remove it later and suffer from a deadly infection.

He sighs. It’s too soon. I know that. But I don’t want you to be my dirty little secret or feel like I am using you to live a double life. I am not ashamed of my sexuality. That’s why I wanna do this. I know it won’t be easy. I might even lose my wife and some business associates but I have to do this.”
“What if the pressure gets too much for me and I want out?”

He looks down and plays with his wedding band. “I won’t guilt trip you into staying with me. It’s going to be a tough and bumpy road from here and you’re only human. There will be words or comments too harsh that will be thrown at you. I just need you not to give up on me too soon. And also know that I will be by your side and support you till the end of time.”
I look away. Honestly, I should’ve waited until we were back at the suite to bring this up, but we are here now and there is no going back. “So, when are you going to introduce me to your munchkins?”

He smiles. We are back in the less tense territory. “As soon as I have spoken to my wife, I will introduce you. Whether she likes it or not.”
“Don’t be like that.” I give him a reprimanding look. But why am I not surprised? He is a man. They like things done their way or the high way.
“What?” he looks at me like he is clueless.